Bridgestone Potenza RE 750's Thumbs way up!

speedtigger

Established Member
Just installed new Bridgestone Potenza RE 750's all around.
First impression is way beyond my expectations. Straight line traction amazingly better than I thought was possible from a non drag radial. I can use full throttle in 2nd gear without going straight to the rev limiter. They complain a little but they hold.

They have a very stiff ride and a little noisy but neither of those characteristics are any concern of mine. I wanted a sticky good handling tire and they are all that. My car is 440hp/470tq at the rear wheels and now it is driveable again.

Highly recomend these. :burnout:

RJCobra

Established Member
speedtigger said:
Just installed new Bridgestone Potenza RE 750's all around.
First impression is way beyond my expectations. Straight line traction amazingly better than I thought was possible from a non drag radial. I can use full throttle in 2nd gear without going straight to the rev limiter. They complain a little but they hold.

They have a very stiff ride and a little noisy but neither of those characteristics are any concern of mine. I wanted a sticky good handling tire and they are all that. My car is 440hp/470tq at the rear wheels and now it is driveable again.

Highly recomend these. :burnout:

+1

speedtigger

Established Member
99BlackCobra said:
What did you have before? I have the Nitto 555s and still slide all over.

The factory Goodyears and a set of BFG KDWS's for 2 days.

The KDWS's were installed by the local Tire Kingdom under the guise of a mistake. They were supposed to be KDW's but they tried the old bait and switch hoping that I would accept the KDWS's once installed. Appearantly the KDW's are hard to get in my area so they are all trying to pawn off the KDWS's. One person at a wharehouse said the KDW's in short supply because BFG isgetting ready to release the new tread design.

At first Tire Kingdom said no problem just try these and we will call you when the right tires come in. The next day the Counterman called me to offer a price reduction on the KDWS's. I told him no thank you because the KDWS's are terrible on my Cobra. 2 days later the Manager called to say I must come down to the store and pay for the KDWS's and give him an additional deposit for the KDW's. I laughed and hung up. :loser:

I found a local Firestone that sold Bridgestone Potenzas (my 2nd choice). They quoted me a fair price ($813.00 out the door), and were incredibly efficient about the installation. They were mostly "car guys". I returned the dismounted KDWS's to the Tire Kingdom.

I don't know about Tire Kingdom as a whole but my local Palm Harbor, FL Tire Kingdom appears to me to be extemely poorly run. :burn:

With the same disclaimer, my local Firestone was exemplary. :rockon:

Unless you need a snow tire stay away from the KDWS's. they spin easily and feel squishy in turns. They are, however, quiet and ride nice if those things are important to you.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Those Bridgestone Potenza RE 750s sound nice. It's good to hear reports about tires that really do work. :)

Users who are viewing this thread