Bringine o4 cobra back to australia.

XRQTOR

Banned
Hi fella's,

I'm in the process of hunting down a low K o4 cobra coupe in either sonic blue or DSG to bring back here to australia. What would be the first reccomend mods to do to a o4, are there any issues that should be sorted with aftermarket kit before i start playing/modding.

My problem is i can't bring a modded car back as it has to pass rego and they'll go over the car with a fine tooth comb, so buying amodded car is out unless i can get all the stock gear for it aswell and just put the stock gear on till it's rego'd then put all the good bits on.

XRQTOR

Banned
fr03cobra said:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=254

03 cobra's only had DSG and sonic blue. you will have to chose a different color for a 04 cobra. the 04's have alot less bugs then the 03's. Did you use the search button to do your research? Try the link above for the market place.
Still in the process of doing research, yea iv'e looked at every o3/o4 on the last 8 pages. Didn't notice that sonic blue was an o3 only colour tho.

Is there any big onlince car sites i could use to find cobra's, noticed most of them listed on the fourms are modded. I'd buy that white o3 that has 4ooomiles on it in a heart beat except i'd never get it passed here, i'll have to buy a stockie and mod it once it's here.

Last edited:

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
There's a member here (haven't heard from him in a while) that imported one of these cars to Australia and had in converted to right side drive. He even posted pics. You might try and find him for information.

XRQTOR

Banned
Yes iv'e spoken with that guy before, there's a mystic cobra forsale near me and the guy want's $99,ooo au for it. Can only assume it's him cause i don't think there would be more than 4 or 5 o3/o4's here. I'm looking to spend $3o,ooo for a clean low K car, should land it here converted and complied for under $75,ooo au

It's funny how much people ask for used cobra's over here, a clean 97 cobra still asks for about $45,ooo-$5o,ooo

XRQTOR

Banned
ShelbyGuy said:
ok lets make a deal - i'll send you every 97 cobra i can find and you send me every boss 290 engine you can find.
Hahaha sounds like a deal to me, my daily driver has a Boss 26o in it. 35ohp (28orwhp) stock, with a vortech v-2 running 8lb's and a water to air intercooler full exhaust and dual 3" catback it pushes out 51orwhp. It'll make 55o with ease on 8lb's (afr's are 1o.5/1) but it's still on the stock bottom end and i don't want to blow it up as it's right at it's limits.

XRQTOR

Banned
I know some of you will get kicks out of these prices,

http://www.carpoint.com.au/desktopdefault.aspx?Nne=20&tabid=500442&No=0&N=279+4294967239+4294967118+510+493&Ns=pCar_Price_Decimal|1||pCar_HasImage_Int32|1

Users who are viewing this thread