...rollin on 20's
Established Member
08_19_06_1236.gif

Hope DSS sells them seperate.

(its just the boot;-) )

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
Oh man, that can't be good. What makes you think it's just the boot? And how can you break the boot?

WhippleCharged Sonic

Screwed, Blued & Tattooed
Established Member
03gobluecobra said:
Oh man, that can't be good. What makes you think it's just the boot? And how can you break the boot?

Ripping the boot is somewhat common. I doubt that he hurt the actual shaft.

Jpjr

Established Member
dss is $fo$ the worst mod that can be done to our cars. i'd break 10 sets of stockers before dropping 1k+ for another set of these.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
JP said:
How did you notice it was ripped?

JP

I was checking to see if the front of the diff was still dry (I put RTV under the pinion nut, it worked) and saw the GOOOO everywhere.:xpl:

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
Jpjr said:
dss is $fo$ the worst mod that can be done to our cars. i'd break 10 sets of stockers before dropping 1k+ for another set of these.

They are stronger and are much harder to break

part of the problem comes from wheel hop on most cars thats what breaks shit

oh and id rather ride on something stronger that has a far less chance of breaking then have a weaker part in there and have it break at speed not that the others cant its just less likely

WhippleCharged Sonic

Established Member
postban said:
DSS says $25, should have the boot Wednesday.

I have the tool if you need it to clamp the boot on. Lemme know if you want some help. I remember it is a BITCH to get that boot on there.

Jpjr

Established Member
vector said:
They are stronger and are much harder to break

part of the problem comes from wheel hop on most cars thats what breaks shit

oh and id rather ride on something stronger that has a far less chance of breaking then have a weaker part in there and have it break at speed not that the others cant its just less likely

this is the argument that people make when they've spent over $1000 on a pair of half shafts. trust me, i know ;)

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
WhippleCharged Sonic said:
I have the tool if you need it to clamp the boot on. Lemme know if you want some help. ...snip....

I will definetely take you up on that offer buddy:thumbsup:

I will have it out and tore apart tonight hopefully.

WhippleCharged Sonic

Established Member
postban said:
I will definetely take you up on that offer buddy:thumbsup:

I will have it out and tore apart tonight hopefully.

What day are you looking at messing with it? Wednesday once the boot gets here? Just need to know cause I have the kids and will have to see if my mom would watch them a little later so we can take care of it. Thursday I am good...not sure if I am going to the track or not. Depends if I get my toe links and the sway bar off...

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
Jpjr said:
this is the argument that people make when they've spent over $1000 on a pair of half shafts. trust me, i know ;)

Hard to get that bad taste out of your mouth...isn't it.
I know you had all kinds of problems with your install.
For the piece of mind the offer and strength over the stock pieces are think they are worth the money in some kind of strange way.

JP

Jpjr

Established Member
JP said:
Hard to get that bad taste out of your mouth...isn't it.
I know you had all kinds of problems with your install.
For the piece of mind the offer and strength over the stock pieces are think they are worth the money in some kind of strange way.

JP

Another proud DSS owner? Or are you still using my half shafts?

The boards are CHOKED with DSS issues now. Snap after snap, boot after boot. No one wants to open their mouth because DSS has been so good about warranty-ing them. Mine are working 100% fine, fyi, but I call them like I see them.

WhippleCharged Sonic

Established Member
I will say this. I have the L5's and the install was fine...no real problems besides that tink/click noise on take off forward and reverse. Frank is blaming it on the design of the tridpod on the inner side. He is designing something different to replace that which will cost another $550 for those who want it. If mine break I am going to SRA for sure....

Jpjr

Established Member
WhippleCharged Sonic said:
I will say this. I have the L5's and the install was fine...no real problems besides that tink/click noise on take off forward and reverse. Frank is blaming it on the design of the tridpod on the inner side. He is designing something different to replace that which will cost another $550 for those who want it. If mine break I am going to SRA for sure....

Good info. I'm in no way trying to say that the DSS shafts are worse than the stockers, assume they are much stronger like everyone says. I'm just saying for $500 you wouldn't expect probs, and for $1000-$1600 for half shafts you would expect nothing but perfection. Those prices are out of this world.

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
Jpjr said:
Good info. I'm in no way trying to say that the DSS shafts are worse than the stockers, assume they are much stronger like everyone says. I'm just saying for $500 you wouldn't expect probs, and for $1000-$1600 for half shafts you would expect nothing but perfection. Those prices are out of this world.

+1
While there is nothing else in the market you can price em like you made them outta gold.
I agree there too high price for the average guy who wants an upgrade.

JPjr I don't have your halfshaft but I do have your toe link bar.;-)

I wouldn't have bought level 5's if it weren't for Vector dropping a great deal in my lap. Same for the CCW's

JP

Users who are viewing this thread