Broke the dang gas pedal of all things!!

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Guess this is how you can tell your car is to slow. Racing a buddy of mine and apparently standing on the gas pedal so hard it breaks LOL.

Ordered a new one from Ford. I hope the right thing arrives because the lady as the counter kept asking me if I had the base interior or the premium interior on my car... :rollseyes

photo.JPG

Bigggy

Established Member
Base or prenium..wow haha

Damn buddy never seen that before...on any car... haha
Now you can brag about having a heavy foot!

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Haha yeah I must slam that pedal down way to much every time I drive. Can't say I've seen that one before either. Ten four on the vacuum lol. Gets dirty quick in the summer when daily driving the car. I often show up to car shows with the front wheels coated in brake dust and not always because I didn't wash it, sometimes it was just the drive there :) lol

Zemedici

Established Member
untitled2.JPG

BASE or premium interior?

Problem was, you were dealing with a woman :)

Correct P/N is 3R3Z-9725-AAB

and it appears discontinued for the cobra...

Hmm...call back and see what part she ordered you

Last edited:

Jkay98

Established Member
It doesn't look like you have the gas pedal recall.

Although it can't get stuck if you don't have a pedal!

MalcolmV8

Established Member

Correct P/N is 3R3Z-3725-AAB

I ordered it on Saturday so it should be here by now. Going to swing by around lunch time and check. I ended up giving her my VIN # and she ordered it that way. She also mentioned one of them was discontinued but based on my VIN she said the one I need is in stock. But then again she also told me based on my VIN I have the base interior option lol so who knows. I'll let you know what I get.

If it's discontinued then that sucks. Will have to come up with a plan B of sorts. Such as find another vehicle with similar looking pedal and retrofit.

Last edited:

MalcolmV8

Established Member
It doesn't look like you have the gas pedal recall.

Although it can't get stuck if you don't have a pedal!

Sure don't. Refuse to leave my car at the dealer, recall or not. I've seen the way they tear up the cars left and right like someone just dropped off a free race car for them to go tear up on the streets. Zero respect for other people's property.

MalcolmV8

Established Member

Correct P/N is 3R3Z-3725-AAB

Just called the parts counter and it came in. Had the guy describe it to me. Sure enough just a plain black GT pedal. All others are discontinued. Sheesh.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Damn there was two zinc yellow Cobras being parted out you could check here or OP look up Greene Ford Sales. They are in Cincy and get a lot of OE ford parts that are discontinued they buy them from dealer stock if you have the PN they can check there inventory.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I should have just checked ebay from the get go. Brand new supposably genuine Ford pieces. $25 shipped. Ordered! Wish I did that a week ago so I would have had it for this weekend's meet. Sucks driving on a thin rod not to mention the pedal is the wrong distance away now so it's all weird to drive lol.

TRBO VNM

Have seen this before, but not for a while now. Has happened a number of times to people.

Last edited:

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
Sure don't. Refuse to leave my car at the dealer, recall or not. I've seen the way they tear up the cars left and right like someone just dropped off a free race car for them to go tear up on the streets. Zero respect for other people's property.

I had the same problem. I ended up buying the part for $10 and installed it myself. Also I talked to a ford dealership and he said it called for 30 minutes to install. Took me about ten

Users who are viewing this thread