Broken Driveshaft

BADBOSS

Established Member
So I went to Hot August Nights in Reno yesterday and Ford and Chevy had a small track set up in the parking lot. Ford was giving away t-shirts and rides in the 2013 Shelby, Boss 302 and Focus ST. Chevy had Camaro SS, ZL1 and Corvette and ZR1. It was awesome to ride in each car back to back, except for the SHelby. Just before it was my turn the car was decelerating for a turn and a big piece of the driveshaft came off and slid down the track :( So I talked to the Ford driver and he said the car had a lot of track miles previous to the event and probably got nicked somewhere down the line causing the carbon fiber to shatter under the torque. I was bummed cause I wanted to see how 662 felt vs. the 556 of th ZL1 and the 444 of my Boss. I must say I was impressed with the ZL1 and the ZR 1 but the SS Camaro and base Vette both felt slow and heavy.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
So you saw the 'chunk' of CF? What happened to the car after the shaft broke, did it sit there until towed?

Snoopy49

Established Member
I guess the moral of this story is "Don't nick your drive shaft".

Or drop it.

d4bd5709.gif

BADBOSS

Established Member
The chunk was like half the DS. The had a bunch of people push the car off the track to the trailer. The car was not driven the rest of the day and no one was working on it. i guess they didn't have a $1800 DS lying around :eek:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread