Brrrrrrrrrtttttttttt!!!!!!!!!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Death was inevitable! That brrrrrttttt will make you shiver....and then you're gone. An absolute beastly close-support weapon.

ajaf1656

Established Member
I was a U2 Crew Chief in the USAF. The U2 and A10 were a shared AFSC so we had guys who'd come over after spending years on the warthog.
I think some of them never quite knew how to adjust from having a jet that was a super-duper badass killer to a Skunk Works jet that stays out of the spotlight and does things people don't know about. Haha
I remember someone had made a model by fusing the two jets together hanging in our squadron building. It was a U2 with a big ol' gun and the Micky Mouse nacelles. Lol

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Christ. Look at the holes that thing makes.
I had no idea 30mm's were that damn big
Random tidbit my dad snagged me for my bar area a few years back.

They’re actual spent casings from the A10s 30mm canon that were reconditioned and sold. (I believe the one on the left is a mock up from the gun of an F16)

I can see the bitch that called these home doing some serious work.

0C1BFD5A-C3E9-404D-B44B-0075AAB2E34D.jpeg

6435EBD6-907B-4C3E-A811-996392653CE7.jpeg

EABBE0DD-BDF6-4436-B821-C3724F5D2E93.jpeg

Last one is next to a 16oz for conparison.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Christ. Look at the holes that thing makes.
I had no idea 30mm's were that damn big

It's all about that kinetic energy.

Wanna see what a super heavy armor piercing shell from a 16-inch battle ship gun can do to an piece of the heaviest armor (26 inches thick) ever put to sea???

26-inch-thick-armor-from-japanese-yamato-class-battleship-pierced-by-a-usn-16-inch-50-cal-shell-nuff-said.jpg

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Those A-10’s are so cool. I get to watch them train around the lake every year. Damn near eye level.

I’m going to miss their sounds around here. We are about 25 miles north of the national guard base in Fort Wayne. Got to hear them randomly a few times a year when they would fly low over our area.

F16s wont be as cool in my opinion.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
I’m going to miss their sounds around here. We are about 25 miles north of the national guard base in Fort Wayne. Got to hear them randomly a few times a year when they would fly low over our area.

F16s wont be as cool in my opinion.
Vid from the deck.

CobraFreak1996

Established Member
When we were in Tybee a few months ago there were two that would come buzz the beach every day. Low enough you could see them wave. That was freaking cool.

Users who are viewing this thread