Bud Light Platinum

scottminot

Established Member
Bought a six pack today and just drank my second one and I gotta say I'm quite impressed. I've always disliked the major label American beers and have been a lover of Belgian ales and craft beers for many years.
The 6% abv is what drew to give it a try. It's a very smooth, good tasting, light beer, and has 137 calories.

I give it a thumbs up!

REPCobra10

Established Member
I've heard of this new beer. My opinions are much like your opinions were...Perhaps, I'll give it a try as well, as I've been drinking Beck's for the longest.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I like it. It tastes like Budweiser which is usually what I drink unless I pick up some other darker ale.

AznStanger3v

King of the LOL
Established Member
a got a six pack about 2 months ago and i was thoroughly impressed. I'm more of a craft/foreign beer kinda guy, but platinum is legit

REPCobra10

Established Member
Well...I'll definitely give it a try. It sounds like you guys like it for the most part, so what's there to lose?

SHOdown220

Established Member
I don't really care for bud light but I really like the platinum. But on the other hand most of my friends who drink bud light didn't care for it. I don't know what gives. As previously stated the 6% is what originally made my try it, and the hot bartender that suggested it of course...

REPCobra10

Established Member
As previously stated the 6% is what originally made my try it, and the hot bartender that suggested it of course...

Well, 6% AC in a beer is certainly attractive, but there is nothing like a smoking hot bartender to help persuade you...Haha!

Last edited:

05slvrgt

Real bits of panther.
Established Member
I enjoy it but I also like Bud Light so it was a foregone conclusion.

Agreed. I hadn't even heard of it, until I was at my local bar/mexican grill and they handed me one. It does seem to be slightly more bitter than a regular one however. Throw in the fact I can get drunk on less of these, and we have a winner in my book.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
I had it at a superbowl party and loved it for what it was, in the summer when I drink American style beers that's most likely what I'll drink. The 6% is nice.

Butterybunz

Established Member
It's a fancier Key Stone Ice hah. The blue bottle is cool, but I would think doesn't provide much protection from getting the beer skunky.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
It's a fancier Key Stone Ice hah. The blue bottle is cool, but I would think doesn't provide much protection from getting the beer skunky.

isnt the bottle aluminum instead of transparent glass? I dont think sunlight would skunk it in that case.

ive only seen them like once in the store. I think cases of bud goes so quick anyways you dont have to worry about long term shelf life skunkability of a more transparent bottle.

Satyr

Established Member
isnt the bottle aluminum instead of transparent glass? I dont think sunlight would skunk it in that case.

ive only seen them like once in the store. I think cases of bud goes so quick anyways you dont have to worry about long term shelf life skunkability of a more transparent bottle.

The one I have had is dark blue with a vertical "platinum" insignia. I think you're thinking of BL select. I thought it was quite good considering what it is. I'm not a fan of most popular beers, but found it to be a good option for the bar scene since they usually runs sales on the big names.

Users who are viewing this thread