buddy of mine showing off his ride....PS: its faster than yours!!

Steve00GT

Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
i was sad to see the F-14 go..but i hear they were maintenance nightmares..supposedly the new electric bugs are better

That is true. I was on the USS John F Kennedy from 2000 - 2005. We did a deployment to the Gulf in 2004 and had an F-14 go down on launch. The front landing gear came apart as it was catapulting. Pilot and Navigator ejected... Pilot died. That casualty actually helped to speed up the retirement of all F-14's Navy wide.

J

Janstang

FLYIN said:
Good deal. They have any T-6's up at Whiting yet? I know they got them for the NFO's at NAS Pensacola. I did my primary out at Vance AFB in the T-37 Tweet. I think they have completely transitioned to T-6's now. I don't think the JSF is coming anytime too soon. I am sure your selection sheet options if you go strike pipeline will be Harriers, Prowlers, and Hornets. As far as Hornets out of flight school you don't find out if you fly Deltas or Charlies until you complete the RAG. Enjoy flight school though, it was a great time for me. Definately though good luck with the grades and flights. I think as long as you get the required NSS they still have plenty of jet slots to go around. Hope your in Meridian or Kingsville soon.
Are you flying Cobra's out of MCAS Camp Pendleton? Seen the Cobra in your sig., just curious..Did 2 1/2yrs at the control tower there, loved it. Now I'm up here on the civilian side dealing with the Air Force. We see a guy about once a month or so fly in with a T-6 and usually a newbie on board, I believe he said from Beeville? Comes up to visit and get the flight time. Gotta love those Carrier Breaks..:rockon:

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
That is a superhornet in the original pics, telltale larger rectangular intakes vs the older style Hornet, also larger wingspan and larger motors, overall length as well, or I could be mistaken??

thats a pretty old sidewinder there, most likely an aim9m, not the new aim9x's which are the badboys, they need to get with the program!

F-15 Crew Chief here, been working on them 10 years stationed down here at Eglin, in the SQ that got the most air to air kills in the 1st Gulf War. Some of those jets are still here but most have been transfered.

Ive rode in a F-15 and can honestly say the acceleration is nothing crazy, the G's on the otherhand are another story, hold the Fugg on hahah. I think I handled 8.3G's....

Best part of my day when I can do something like this, which I am qualified to do wooohoooooo, this is a video from my buddy back in alaska, which i was stationed there. E-Model with Pratt Whitney 229's....

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=943052079

The JSF which is the X-35 will be coming to Eglin it will a joint base involving navy, marines, airforce, all the vertical takeoff models, carrier based and land based will be stationed here, the 1st deployable JSF SQ's will be from Eglin, as well as all the training sq's will be located here. The pensacola/Destin/Crestview infastructure needs to get with the program so that the local community can support the influx of personel that will be stationed here.

The F-22 is a bad mofo, few have lost in air/air combat during training, one has been gunned down that is about it.

Nice pics!

Last edited:

Brad03GT

Established Member
broke7 said:
That is a superhornet in the original pics, telltale larger rectangular intakes vs the older style Hornet, also larger wingspan and larger motors, overall length as well, or I could be mistaken??

thats a pretty old sidewinder there, most likely an aim9m, not the new aim9x's which are the badboys, they need to get with the program!

F-15 Crew Chief here, been working on them 10 years stationed down here at Eglin, in the SQ that got the most air to air kills in the 1st Gulf War. Some of those jets are still here but most have been transfered.

Ive rode in a F-15 and can honestly say the acceleration is nothing crazy, the G's on the otherhand are another story, hold the Fugg on hahah. I think I handled 8.3G's....

Best part of my day when I can do something like this, which I am qualified to do wooohoooooo, this is a video from my buddy back in alaska, which i was stationed there. E-Model with Pratt Whitney 229's....

Nice pics!

Liar! :thumbsup:

Lightmare

Banned
SVTBMG said:
Of course you are joking. A cobra may get it for a little but then when the twin huffers spool up to the full 44,000lbs o thrust it is goodbye to the terminator and hope you are far enough to the side of it that you dont get blown off the runway.

wow...44,000lbs of thrust....thats almost as much torque as an RX7!

I think Nick85 raced one of these and won a few months ago. :shrug:

03nightmare

BRAD
Established Member
the navy probobly got ride of those A and B model f-16's because they are outdated pieces of shit. that is why they sold them to other countrys. I get to paint and do sheetmetal work on newer better f-16's for the air force right now at cannon afb NM. I still think the termie could take your f-18- just kidding

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
Janstang said:
Are you flying Cobra's out of MCAS Camp Pendleton? Seen the Cobra in your sig., just curious..Did 2 1/2yrs at the control tower there, loved it. Now I'm up here on the civilian side dealing with the Air Force. We see a guy about once a month or so fly in with a T-6 and usually a newbie on board, I believe he said from Beeville? Comes up to visit and get the flight time. Gotta love those Carrier Breaks..:rockon:

Haven't flown since last August (I was out of Pendleton, will be again next Fall), I am doing my ground tour right now as a Forward Air Controller (FAC).

customperforman

Drivin the Big Iron
Established Member
FLYIN said:
Haven't flown since last August (I was out of Pendleton, will be again next Fall), I am doing my ground tour right now as a Forward Air Controller (FAC).
FACs rock! Pendleton was cool. i was stationed there right around the 2003 time frame. 22 area, right across from MAG-39 which i assume you were in.

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
twstdsvt said:
Idk about that, both my grandparents flew fighters in WWII, jets > helos unless I get to fly a commanche :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yea I am just giving him some sh!t. I have to show some love for the helos. My dad was an F-16 pilot in the 80's. I don't think you or anyone will be flying a Comanche since the program got scrapped.

Here is some motivating AH-1W clips. Here is our WWII style gune run. Bet you didn't think we could do this in a helo.
http://www.zippyvideos.com/6426968984205156/mov00684/
Carrier break
http://www.zippyvideos.com/1244073844205326/mov00690/
Motivating TOW shot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsavmFA3C8A
And my favorite filmed by an Army ground unit as we provided CAS overhead in Hit Iraq November 2005.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/f6c350df-766b-4211-8335-9872004b635a.htm

Last edited:
J

Janstang

customperforman said:
FACs rock! Pendleton was cool. i was stationed there right around the 2003 time frame. 22 area, right across from MAG-39 which i assume you were in.
What squadrons were you guys with at Camp Pendleton? I like that National Guard video, sounds like they enjoyed the show..

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
broke7 said:

The JSF which is the X-35 will be coming to Eglin it will a joint base involving navy, marines, airforce, all the vertical takeoff models, carrier based and land based will be stationed here, the 1st deployable JSF SQ's will be from Eglin, as well as all the training sq's will be located here. The pensacola/Destin/Crestview infastructure needs to get with the program so that the local community can support the influx of personel that will be stationed here.

The F-22 is a bad mofo, few have lost in air/air combat during training, one has been gunned down that is about it.

Nice pics!

That's a sick ass vid!

Users who are viewing this thread