buddys ford GT is getting the first ever upgraded 3.3 whipple!!!!

NewEdge99

Established Member
Hey Leo, we don't no each other but I saw your buddy's GT a couple of days before I deployed overseas. I think he had just got the headers installed. That thing sounded sick as hell!!!!!!!!!!!! Have you ever had the Cobra up at BJ's? I plan on getting one when I get back but I'd like to talk with you first before I buy anything.

BTW, that's not a typo? (3.3 Wipple) That's over a full liter bigger than your KB!! Insane! Where does he get it tuned? Hp Performance?

LeoGSVT

Banned
sine they have been giving us the "just a few more weeks" thing now for 2 months...Joe has decided to skip the whipple upgrade and now has been talking about a twin turbo setup....there is one in the works right now, with the way it looks should be done by the end of summer

Hye

Established Member
50 BMG said:
Cool, there is already a TT GT in CA and in Germany IIRC.

u gotta link to that TT in Ca? thing must be a beaaaast!

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Hye06 said:
u gotta link to that TT in Ca? thing must be a beaaaast!

no. One of the authorized vendors on the GT board was talking about it on behalf of a owner who wasn't named, nor were there any pictures posted.

The one in Germany is suppost to be the "prototype" for the TT kit they are trying to offer? :shrug:

chuckstang

Established Member
LeoGSVT said:
sine they have been giving us the "just a few more weeks" thing now for 2 months...Joe has decided to skip the whipple upgrade and now has been talking about a twin turbo setup....there is one in the works right now, with the way it looks should be done by the end of summer

Hey could I see more pix of your car?
It just looks crazy nice, and stands out :beer:

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
2 more weeks until the new whipple 3.3

*months later* fug it, we're going twin turbo ...........

*weeks later* turbos are months from going on car..................

*indefinate amount of time* decided to keep her stock, more resale value :rolleyes:

you had me going for a minute, but now I'm calling :bs:

I'm also calling BS on the alleged Ford Gt twin turbo, you mean to tell me we have pics of nessy, bigfoot, el chupacabra and ufo's but not this car!? :bs:

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
mc01svt said:
you had me going for a minute, but now I'm calling :bs:

I'm also calling BS on the alleged Ford Gt twin turbo, you mean to tell me we have pics of nessy, bigfoot, el chupacabra and ufo's but not this car!? :bs:

And now I still have you going.

DSC00438.JPG

californiacuda

Established Member
Beautifullllll, they are using the stock or borla muffler and the airbox with the stock maf. To make more that 850 whp a larger airflow system will be needed. Seems like a lot of other peope who make twin turbo mods go to a blow through maf located close to throttle body. Other issues off course will be fuel, spark, and the ability of the stock computer to manage everything. A stand alone system like Fast may be needed at some point, and then how does that blend with all the other systems in the car? Lots to think about, but very, very, very fun and exciting

satx

Banned
mc01svt said:

what a timely post :lol:

LeoGSVT

Banned
i assure you the turbos are alomost done...we are in the process of making a professional video by IMV films to show the build up as well as some street fun next to my 03 kenne bell cobra...we hope to have the car done by this weekend..and start shooting on monday!!! the blower is off the car, new intake manifold is on, all the piping is bent...custom manifolds are on...just waitiing to mount the turbos up!

Users who are viewing this thread