Bug Magnet??

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Is it just me or is this car a freakin' bug magnet?? I don't seem to be able to go to the store and back without getting splats all over the front of the car and it's not even hot here yet. I also have a Toyota FJ that I use as a daly driver. I don't have a single bug smash on it's massive bumper and it's shaped like a damn cinder block. I spend at least 15-20 min getting them off the car every time I drive it. I can already tell this bumper is going to end up looking like crap, there's no way I'll keep doing this after every drive. Anyone else finding the same thing?

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Clear bra was great for saving the front of the car!

And during bug season it helped!

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
How are you hitting bugs? Are you actually driving it outside?

Just don't drive it and you won't have that issue.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Clear bra was great for saving the front of the car!

And during bug season it helped!

But the bra still has to be cleaned. Also, wait until you see what that bra looks like after a few years. :(

How are you hitting bugs? Are you actually driving it outside?

Just don't drive it and you won't have that issue.

Lol, that would definitely solve one problem and create a whole new one!

Last edited:

jbs$

Established Member
Clear bra, then just a bucket of warm water and a clean cotton towel. Works like a charm.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I took my car on a 240 mile round trip this weekend and felt like I killed every bug on the road!

Yeah, I know HOW to clean them off, I'm just stunned at how much more it seems to catch versus a huge truck that has to have the drag coefficient of an elephant turd. I would have thought a vehicle built for 200mph would have a slipstream that flowed bugs over the hood, not into it. Perhaps the front is designed in a way to scoop air into it for cooling and it doesn't get slippery until after the grill. :shrug:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
But the bra still has to be cleaned. Also, wait until you see what that bra looks like after a few years. :(

Lol, that would definitely solve one problem and create a whole new one!

I'd rather have the clear bra look like shit and replace it than have the front of my car look like shit.

That being said- if you have it installed properly and it's a good brand- it will look great for years!

Users who are viewing this thread