Build combos

schacher94gt

Established Member
With my car being sold in the near future I was starting to look at build combos and was wondering what dyno numbers and track numbers everyone was doing and what combo you ran. I may have a clean, stock 185k mile notch to start with so im really debating on just building a 347 and throwing that in this winter, obvisouly a better idea, than throwing HCI at a tired motor thatll be beat. If i build the 347 itll be around 10:1 compression.

So heres what im thinking whether i go with a 347 or jus the 302.
-afr 165....afr 185 if i go 347 bc ill do the notched pistons
-custom cam
-i have a performer intake laying around, think i should use it or is there something better
-3.73s
-LTs/full exhaust
-1.7 rockers
-than little things such as the MAF, 24# injectors, and TB
-and a clutch

really looking to put down around 400 at the wheels and getting it into the 11s. What do you guys think? Also might throw a 50-75 shot on it...

Or i just buy my buddies hatch that runs mid 11s for 6500 but i really want a notch bc the mean stance and weight

Knexo

Established Member
There's noway your going to get 400 RWHP out of a 302. Not with the parts you have listed there. You might get there, but the money required would be stupidly expensive. A 347 is going to be difficult with those parts, but not impossible. My buddy has a 347 10.5:1, afr205's, 1.7's 1 3/4 long tubes with 3 inch exhaust, RPM2 intake and is hoping to see 400-425 aat the wheel.I'd say with what you have listed your going to need something else still and a really aggessive tune to hit 400. Good luck and let us know how it works out

schacher94gt

Established Member
I bought my buddies hatch instead. But if someone trades me a notch for my car ill still build it.i shouldn't say i want a desired hp bc I jus wanna run low 12s n/a

F8TL89

Established Member
buying your friends car was smart. You wouldve had over 5k in a motor build to get it into the 12's. Not to mention supporting mods and everything

Users who are viewing this thread