Build or buy?????

Dntgtbit

Established Member
Okay guys I'm new to this sight. I could really use some help. I am stuck between building my 95 cobra and buying a decent daily, or buying an 03-04 cobra. As of now I have a black 95 cobra, has full suspension, full bassani exhaust, cold air, 65 mm tb, short throw shifter, chrome 03 cobra wheels. A few more things I can't think of of the top of my head. I have a garage full of brand new parts for it I have been buying over the winter. I have a full polished procharger d1sc kit. 3 core intercooler, 60 lbs injectors, twin 255 fuel pumps, sct big air 3000 mass air, holly systemax upper and lower, stage 2 trick flow cam, centerfource dual friction clutch, heavy duty clutch cable, firewall adj. Pretty much I have a bunch of stuff for it lol. The problem I am having is I have always wanted and 03 cobra. I have 14,000 put back so far. I can either order a long block for my cobra and build a pretty fast nice car, or I can save a little longe and buy a cobra. What would you all do? I have enough parts now to make 400-450 horse in my car. Im just really stuck on what to do. Any input would help a lot thanks guys.

BajaBoy

Established Member
you already have the cobra and a bunch of parts.. that have yet to be installed? buy a nice DD and have fun with the current car.

bmorecobra

Off stacks
Established Member
If the Terminator is really the car you have always wanted, buy it. However from a sense stand point and if it were me, I would most defanitely keep the cobra you currently have and modifythat. Like the poster above said save the leftover cash and buy yourself a DD, that way you can get as extreme as you want with your build.

Dntgtbit

Established Member
That's kinda the way I'm leaning. I love my car. I just have always wanted an 03 cobra. So that's why I dint know what to do.

Dntgtbit

Established Member
I'm deff going to keep my car even if I bought an 03. I would just have to put the building it on slow down. I could put all the stuff on it I have now and make a respectable 400-450 horse. Than later on build me a stronger motor with more boost.

crazycarlo

Established Member
well whatever you do make sure u have another vehicle like a DD. AND its nice not having a car payment man. I say keep the 95. Im in the same boat I have a vortech 98 and wanted a 03. Worst case scenario sell all ur 5.0 stuff and get an 03 motor and throw it in there then u have the best of both worlds.

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
Why not put in a better long block in it (95 Cobra) and put everything else you have accumulated on it? 331 or 347 based stroker with an aftermarket block like a Dart?

With $14K saved, you can use that (that 14K can be stretched a long ways) and build your 95 into something better than a stock 03/04 Cobra.

Or install the Procharger on the current engine, along with the fuel system upgrades and tune, and have some fun?

Users who are viewing this thread