Build Thread: Boss 5.3/3.4 Crusher/100shot

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
I would drill and roll pin those gears to make sure they do not slip time if the screws come loose.

I would also loc-tite all those little screws.

What did you wind up setting the cams at?

I was thinking about pinning those gears but Ive never heard of that happening to anyone maybe I will anyway just for insurance. Loctite is a definite on those. Didnt degree the cams yet just set them up with the factory timing marks...Im waiting on a valve spring compressor to make it a little easier swapping the solid adjustable lifter around.

04torchred

Established Member
I was thinking about pinning those gears but Ive never heard of that happening to anyone maybe I will anyway just for insurance. Loctite is a definite on those. Didnt degree the cams yet just set them up with the factory timing marks...Im waiting on a valve spring compressor to make it a little easier swapping the solid adjustable lifter around.

With an adjustable solid lash adjuster you don't need a compressor as you can screw down or up the one end on the lifter to set the preload. It will be loose enough you can just slide the follower out when you screw down the lash adjuster.

03Cobrra

Established Member
With an adjustable solid lash adjuster you don't need a compressor as you can screw down or up the one end on the lifter to set the preload. It will be loose enough you can just slide the follower out when you screw down the lash adjuster.

Yea you can do that with stock rocker arms but I'm using ford gt rockers and they don't have a hole in them like the stock ones to put an Allen key through.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Damn that looks badass man. Are you using a manual to degree the cams, if so which one?

03Cobrra

Established Member
Getting closer...

c7d0dfec.jpg

c6cd76da.jpg

f0167041.jpg

a0fe8b91.jpg

2f9b2242.jpg

e69af2ee.jpg

bc860fa0.jpg

03Cobrra

Established Member
Well it runs so I guess I did something right lol...

The idle is still high so hopefully it will sound a little more lopey after its tuned but its not bad, Im happy with it. Looking to get on the dyno after Thanksgiving, stay tuned for dyno #'s!

[youtube_browser]KinAawC2JBI&feature=channel_video_title[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]bXQJ5SpRJyw&feature=channel_video_title[/youtube_browser]

d52f2386.jpg

86d98f91.jpg

ba80ae05.jpg

a856001d.jpg

Last edited:

TurboWs6

1,000whp CLUB
Established Member
Congrads homie, I couldnt be happier for you! now everything in our garage runs :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread