The Bone
Established Member
temporary_zpsefxvkyy0.jpg

temporary_zpsmtat1k8w.gif

temporary_zpshmascyvq.gif

wikdlx

The Bone
Established Member
I'm in the process of having a new engine built for my Mach 1 myself. My mechanic suggested the 4.6L Romeo iron block that can handle 900hp at the crank. I'm just curious, why did you pick the 5.0 stroker for your build over the 4.6? I really wanted to go with the Boss 302 for my build but my mechanic said that the walls are to thin for forced induction since I'm going to have a Vortech supercharger installed with it at 15lbs of boost.

cubic inches equals horsepower, I'm running a Vortech with about 15psi on E85. The boss blocks are thin, I went with a cobra block as they are tried and true. When you buy the engine, the stroker isnt that much much, but the slightly larger cylinder bore and stroke will increase flow too

logan03co

Established Member
Looking great - I'm very interested in this install! I'm gearing up for my 'upgraded' D1SC install this fall on my Mach 1 so the more info & pictures you can provide would be great.

Is there a reason you installed the bypass valve post intercooler?

wikdlx

The Bone
Established Member
Looking great - I'm very interested in this install! I'm gearing up for my 'upgraded' D1SC install this fall on my Mach 1 so the more info & pictures you can provide would be great.

it really doesnt matter which side of the i/c it is on, I just didnt want it low b/c the car is street driven and didnt want to take the chance of it sucking in any water

wikdlx

The Bone
Established Member
more pics to come, I pick the car up this weekend. I'm taking a vacation and when I get back I will be installing the new dual pump E85 fuel system. I will have the engine tunes with the new fuel and MAF prior to installing the new engine. I want a real comparison of what I pick in in HP and tq with the stroker, ported heads and cams

IL Mclaughlin

Established Member
Who did you use for your intake porting/short runner mod? Last time I checked Nazt wasn't responding to anyone, back in the day that's who I used. I have a completely stock Orange Comp Mach 1 on my hands that I'm about to put some wrenches to. Turbo build plans! Anyhow, about that intake mod.. who'd you use? Build looks great!

97snakebite

Established Member

Location is fine since its still before the MAF.

logan03co

Established Member
Location is fine since its still before the MAF.

Correct - but I guess I was referring to it being 'post-intercooler' rather than venting the 'hot' air if it was installed 'pre-intercooler' & closer to the headunit itself. Wondering if there was a specific reason (maybe space) he went 'post-intercooler' was all.

Last edited:

wikdlx

The Bone
Established Member
I just haven't had the time to install the engine, but I did install MMR's upper radiator hose kit and the lower hose kit that eliminates the huge overflow tank and the bypass hose. Needless to say it takes some time to do, this is where I'm at.
temporary_zpscbktlpta.jpg

temporary_zps7ce3b0rv.jpg

temporary_zpsudsrfacn.jpg

wikdlx

The Bone
Established Member
when tuning we had to move the BOV further away from the MAF, so its now on the inlet side of the tubing going into the intercooler.
Car made 491 but ran out of fuel so we had to stop the pull at 5500. The is on the stock engine with long tubes, cats, throttle body and Vortech with a 3.15 pulley

kissmyAZZure

THE BLUE BEAST
Established Member
With your crossover delete... I think I'm running a similar setup. You have that overflow tank with only one fitting from the filler cap?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

wikdlx

The Bone
Established Member
yes, its just acting as a catch can. what did you use? you have pics? I'm not real happy with my upper hose, but its just a guessing game when hunting through the parts store unless you go AN on the radiator side

kissmyAZZure

THE BLUE BEAST
Established Member
uploadfromtaptalk1469915201048.jpg

Pretty similar. I got a mishimoto overflow can that I mounted near the cap. Reason I ask is that I'm having cooling issues that I'm trying to narrow down. Have you had any?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

wikdlx

The Bone
Established Member
I just got it running today, no issues so far. IF it doesn't rain, tomorrow I will go on about a 40 mile cruise.

What kind of problem are you experiencing?

Users who are viewing this thread