Building a 2017 mustang

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Yeah they might as well rename it to pussy pack at that point.....:xpl:

Says John force pro racer driving a Genesis. Butt hurt much?? Must suck to go through life constantly whining and being negative. Build your manual '17gt, and I'll race you.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Says John force pro racer driving a Genesis. Butt hurt much?? Must suck to go through life constantly whining and being negative. Build your manual '17gt, and I'll race you.

Sure thing boss hoss, when you show up at Infineon and have to pit by lap 3 because your ECU sends you into limp mode because the trans heatsoaks well talk.

Coiled03

Established Member
There is some pretty good info out there on brakes. The trend of big brakes doesn't always equate to shorter stopping distance. The short and watery version is that big brakes are for heat, i.e. consistent stopping under track-like conditions. A car with smaller calipers and rotors can actually be better if the system is properly balanced. Some folks even hurt their performance by adding more brake by throwing off the bias.

All other things being equal, bigger is better.

Branhammer

Established Member
The only thing that intrigues me about the 2017's is that new Lightning Blue color. I'm definitely liking it from pictures I've seen.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

You do realize that him driving a Genesis, bears absolutely no relevance to his skills as a driver, right?

Also, I find it funy that you mention "ill race you", when in reality, you might as well be a passenger.. Lol

Man up and get a manual.... So you can really feel a sense of accomplishment when hit that 10sec 1/4, otherwise, we already know you have a chunky wallet.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Sure thing boss hoss, when you show up at Infineon and have to pit by lap 3 because your ECU sends you into limp mode because the trans heatsoaks well talk.

Read the thread. I don't care about road racing. Never have, likely never will. You're posting garbage in a thread where I'm asking for useful information. Get lost

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
^ kirk, how far are you from Road America? That is one of my favorite tracks. Hope you get a GT350R someday and take it to a road course and fall in love. Or maybe rowing gears just isnt your thing... lol.

Either way I agree on auto for these cars when going FI. Specially since the s550 is still using the mt82. Maybe add rear seat delete to your order.

Btw, I noticed the S550 Cobra Jet is a solid axle car, I wonder if ford will ever option these cars out with a solid axle....

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
You do realize that him driving a Genesis, bears absolutely no relevance to his skills as a driver, right?

Also, I find it funy that you mention "ill race you", when in reality, you might as well be a passenger.. Lol

Man up and get a manual.... So you can really feel a sense of accomplishment when hit that 10sec 1/4, otherwise, we already know you have a chunky wallet.

I already have two 10 second cars, and soon a third once I get my Audi tuned. My vette is manual, and I'm not getting rid of it. I'm not interested in a manual. It is what it is. The ford 6speed sucks, and isn't capable of handling the power that will get put through it. Thomas is irritating and never has anything positive to say ever.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I like your list.

For what you want to do with the car, I wouldn't do the performance pack. The smaller brakes will allow for more wheel choices if you want to go for a big and little set up and LS rear is a more preferred option over the Torsen if you are going to ever hit the drag strip.

I would do the auto as well.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I already have two 10 second cars, and soon a third once I get my Audi tuned. My vette is manual, and I'm not getting rid of it. I'm not interested in a manual. It is what it is. The ford 6speed sucks, and isn't capable of handling the power that will get put through it. Thomas is irritating and never has anything positive to say ever.

I think it sucks to see so many go auto on a muscle car. Nevertheless, it is what it is...

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
I think it sucks to see so many go auto on a muscle car. Nevertheless, it is what it is...

It's antiquated, and automatic transmissions have come light years in terms of improvements, while manuals haven't really improved---every manual should be butter smooth, with rev matching, no lift shift, and much more durable than they are. Anyone who's driven the auto in a fox body, and then driven the 8speed gm auto, or similar auto, can attest to the fact these transmissions are light years ahead of where they were

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Have fun trying to out shift a computer. If the C6Z came in auto, I would have bought that over the M6.

Thats the thing, I will have fun doing just that...

Ill put it like this, sure I can go online, book a prostitute to come over and have a good time. But it is a helluva lot better if I get out there and get to take home a chick I put in work with.

It's antiquated, and automatic transmissions have come light years in terms of improvements, while manuals haven't really improved---every manual should be butter smooth, with rev matching, no lift shift, and much more durable than they are. Anyone who's driven the auto in a fox body, and then driven the 8speed gm auto, or similar auto, can attest to the fact these transmissions are light years ahead of where they were

No doubt about that, no one is disputing that point. The auto on the 5.0 is great and efficient, the MT82 not so much. If we were talking about an exotic, GTR, even a c7z, Id say go for it, get the auto... But since you are looking to get a "working man's car", I think a proper manual is in order...

As a matter of fact, a buddy just got rid of his 15 PP 5.0 due to tranny issues, he now has a 15 camaro ss 1le.

I told him, he should have kept the 5.0 and should just have done a magnum xl swap.... I think with your resources, it would be very easy for you to do.

Branhammer

Established Member
Thats the thing, I will have fun doing just that...

Ill put it like this, sure I can go online, book a prostitute to come over and have a good time. But it is a helluva lot better if I get out there and get to take home a chick I put in work with.

Indeed :beer:

Autos will never be as fun to drive (for me, at least) no matter what advancements they make. I drove a Ferrari F430 a while back and, while it was amazing, I was still thinking "you know what would make this 100x better? A manual."

As far as the MT82 goes, it's not perfect, but it's no worse than the T-45 in my old SN95. Any issues I've noticed in my MT82 would be fixed with an MGW shifter with the exception of it not being able to handle as much power.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread