Building My Dream Home (construction pics)

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
It's in Methuen, Guy named Rick fluet is the builder. He does good work. I think we are all set when it comes to electricians. However, I may hit you up when it comes to my home theater if you do that kind of stuff. Let me know.

kaz109

Established Member
Now this is awesome! Congrats man and I know it is a great feeling. My wife and I are still working out the plans of building our new house and that seems to be the hardest process lol....how long did it take you to decide everything u wanted?

ff500

Established Member
I do home theater, also do generators. Post up progress pics and if you have any questions just ask, there's a few electricians and other tradesman on this site along with some very knowledgeable people.

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
Now this is awesome! Congrats man and I know it is a great feeling. My wife and I are still working out the plans of building our new house and that seems to be the hardest process lol....how long did it take you to decide everything u wanted?

We had originally wanted the model house but we had to sell ours and the builder could not wait. So we built the same house but added a few things like a room over the garage. It's not that bad picking everything out. It's a lot of fun actually. The only thing that sucks is that we have to live with some friends for a month and a half until the house is done because we have to be out of our current house June 14th.

fangstang

Established Member
Congrats! Thats gotta be a great feeling getting to build your house exactly as you want it. I am considering the same in the near future. What kind of cost are you looking at per sq/ft? How many acres is it being built on?

ramairfreak98ss

Established Member
I wish I could even afford a house... :(

lol, most of us do in NJ right! the only state where a dump costs you 100k and 200k gets you a starter house sorta, and 300k your getting somewhere, 400k gets you close to 3 car garage... 500k you can have your "small" 3 car garage, 600-800k you get a detached garage or space to build one at least but by then your up to a $3-4k/mo mortgage payment paying 90% interest or more :/

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Coming from a car guy who has a lot of tools... my 2 car garage is now a 1 car garage with lots of tools.

Agreed. I'm renting in a 3 car garage right now. My 89 is centered in the 2 bay surrounded by work benches, spare wheels, etc. The small single bay held my 93 Cobra till I sold. it. I don't think I could ever go back to a 2 car garage, especially the ones they built here in FL. Up in IL a 2 car garage would be 6 feet deeper and 4-5 feet wider. That would be doable, maybe.

03cobraracer

Established Member
lol, most of us do in NJ right! the only state where a dump costs you 100k and 200k gets you a starter house sorta, and 300k your getting somewhere, 400k gets you close to 3 car garage... 500k you can have your "small" 3 car garage, 600-800k you get a detached garage or space to build one at least but by then your up to a $3-4k/mo mortgage payment paying 90% interest or more :/

Exactly man! It's stupid expensive here.. That's why I will probably be movie g out of state once I get out of the army. Unless I land a good job I can't afford to stay there.

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
Congrats! Thats gotta be a great feeling getting to build your house exactly as you want it. I am considering the same in the near future. What kind of cost are you looking at per sq/ft? How many acres is it being built on?

Its .75 acres its going to end up being right around 130-140 per sq foot of living space.

Users who are viewing this thread