Building the motor questions...

ReapeR948

FOXDIE
Established Member
Worth it? I'm not experienced at this stuff... Id probably do full bolt-ons, full exhaust, cam... Meth injection... at what point would it be worth building it? Top end? bottom end? Would it be safe trying to run 800 hp on stock motor, or should I give MMR a call...

Last edited:

itSSlow98

Established Member
The benefit to building now while you have a running car is you can get back a lot of money selling the motor you have already. As far as the limits of the stock bottom end, i dont think its been out long enough to say for sure. Just because a few guys are pushing them hard doesnt mean they all will take the beating.

ReapeR948

FOXDIE
Established Member
The benefit to building now while you have a running car is you can get back a lot of money selling the motor you have already. As far as the limits of the stock bottom end, i dont think its been out long enough to say for sure. Just because a few guys are pushing them hard doesnt mean they all will take the beating.

I know you won't be able to tell me, but if you look at the rest of this guys videos, he now has a cam running with 2013 GT500 5.8 ENGINE BUILD By Competition Auto PART3 - YouTube these mods, at 812 whp. I guess I'm wondering if you can run 800whp with these mods and be okay?

Van@RevanRacing

I'm over 760 at the wheel on similar boost as birddoc with a Kenne Bell 2.8

800 wheel is feasible with octane and how the boost is created. use a Kenne Bell 3.6 due to the efficiency of the larger and efficient 4 x 6 rotor pack and it will make 800 or damn close on pump gas with less engine parasitic drag.

Pump gas assumption is that you have 93 as a minimum.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Do we not like building the motor and keeping the stock supercharger??

Both the stock blower and stock shortblock seem to share the same limits (hp vs strength), so you really wouldn't gain much by upgrading one and not the other. If you're building the bottom end, it would make sense to upgrade to a bigger, more efficient blower to better utilize the new potential of the built shortblock.

Users who are viewing this thread