Built and Sleeved Motor Issues, What would you do?

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
He received my parts on Feb. 9th. So we are 7 weeks behind.

At this point, for him, sacrificing future sales revenue would be worth the possible reputation damage.

He needs to fix the situation by completing the work.

You need to stop being a panzy and flame the guy.

/rant.

Doug1227

Established Member
I'm interested in what your research revealed regarding what sleeves he uses vs. others, and how his process may be different. I just bought a sleeved motor from him and was told that he used the same sleeves as MPR. I've got pictures of them installed if that helps.

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
I'm interested in what your research revealed regarding what sleeves he uses vs. others, and how his process may be different. I just bought a sleeved motor from him and was told that he used the same sleeves as MPR. I've got pictures of them installed if that helps.

What sleeves he uses has never been the issue. It the process he does or doesn't do when installing them that is the issue.

debit_free_2010

Established Member
Details....how does the installation process differ? What is he doing vs. the others?

I've been by there and he doesn't have the newest machines like some of the bigger shops. He uses Darton sleeves, you can use either straight of flanged, I would only use a flanged sleeve as that would help keep the head gasket sealed when you're pushing big boost.

I know a few 2v and 3v guys that have his motors and they run pretty strong.

Another shop to try would be the Pro Dyno guys in Rock Hill, they seem to have a good rep for building mod motors.

I believe Paul uses the Roush engine shop up in Mooresville for their machine work so you wont get much better quality machining than that.

Doug1227

Established Member
Here are my sleeves that he just did. These appear to be flanged. I haven't cranked it yet.

My sleeves.jpg

Torchy

Established Member
Ok so the update is, I spoke to the engine builder and fully voiced my concerns. He basically told me that most of my parts are custom, I can't return anything and I got the vibe that I would not get my parts back in a timely manner so I said put it all together and send me the whole thing. I'm not surprised or upset since you can't undo machine work lol.

He was willing to help me sell it but didn't have a buyer at the time and I am not waiting for that avenue either. I am going to check torque on everything, ensure everything that I paid for is in the motor (I have a borescope so I can see pistons) and if it all looks good to me I am just going to run it and see what happens.

#yolo

Torchy

Established Member
Details....how does the installation process differ? What is he doing vs. the others?

According to another engine builder, he does not stress relieve his blocks after they are sleeved. According to him he does. Also according to him he has only dropped one sleeve ever (on a coyote) and it was because the guy used the head gasket BH specifically told him not to use.

I've been by there and he doesn't have the newest machines like some of the bigger shops. He uses Darton sleeves, you can use either straight of flanged, I would only use a flanged sleeve as that would help keep the head gasket sealed when you're pushing big boost.

Yes I have heard his machines aren't the newest but that doesn't mean they aren't capable (not saying you're inferring that though.) Correct he does use Darton flanged sleeves.

Users who are viewing this thread