Built engine time.

claybeatz

Established Member
What's the word on that? Did you end up getting the kooks headers?
Nope, still trying to figure out if this shop is going to fix it. They said they would but they are probably the worst communicators I have ever met. Will be eventually moving out of state so I will go that route once I move

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Nope, still trying to figure out if this shop is going to fix it. They said they would but they are probably the worst communicators I have ever met. Will be eventually moving out of state so I will go that route once I move
commiefornia is such a shit hole, and it sucks the shop you're dealing with has been so unhelpful, hopefully it all gets sorted out soon.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Tag the car as Non-Op in CA so the fees don't pile up.

Then register it in another state and done.

Why are you wasting your time with this?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I don’t wanna get in big doo doo when I get pulled over with a Ca drivers license

Meh. Gotta use the rules to your advantage.

"Special Circumstances for Registered Cars That are Out-of-State​

Listed below are a few instances where you can temporarily maintain a registered car that's out-of-state.

• College students. Young adults attending college out-of-state can maintain their home state’s car registration and remain on their parent’s auto insurance policy.
  • Active-duty military. Servicemembers on a temporary assignment can typically maintain their home state registration. You can also find lots of options for military car insurance discounts. Check with your insurance company to see what rules apply to your situation.
  • Homes in two states. If you split your time between two states, you’ll only need to register your car in the state where you live and drive most of the time. Consider registering a car in each state if you spend equal time at both addresses.
Vehicle registration and insurance rules vary significantly by state. Always check with your state and auto insurer to ensure you're properly registered and insured when you change addresses."

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm planning on doing a 1/2 mile event in mid December so maybe I'll get some good Mopar kills in lol. My driving season just started so hopefully I'll have a lot of fun this winter.
Awesome man. Hope you get some video footage. Dont forget to throw in a few GM'S.......a balanced diet works best for our shelby's.......:p

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome man. Hope you get some video footage. Dont forget to throw in a few GM'S.......a balanced diet works best for our shelby's.......:p
We'll see how it goes lol. People always bring there A game to the 1/2 mile events and most are stupid fast, and yes I'll get some good videos
That's right!! Destroy all that aren't Ford
Lol I'll do my best

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Talked to JDM and they gave me the green light to run the 1/2 mile event on December 17th. I'm definitely excited to see how she does. 170+ is goal. Just hope the Mickey Thompsons play nice at that speed

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Since I've always loved the Holeshot package catch can setup and I've wanted to replicate it, but Shelby doesn't sell the billet brackets needed or the catch cans anymore. Luckily I have a buddy with a holeshot super snake that sold me the catch cans and sent me a good cutout for the passenger side bracket, I had already made the driver side. I know It's more work than most people would put into a catch can set up. But I wanted something unique that ties into everything under the hood.
20221210_161858.jpg
20221210_161900.jpg
20221210_161903.jpg
20221210_161908.jpg
20221210_161913.jpg
20221209_205107.jpg

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Since I've always loved the Holeshot package catch can setup and I've wanted to replicate it, but Shelby doesn't sell the billet brackets needed or the catch cans anymore. Luckily I have a buddy with a holeshot super snake that sold me the catch cans and sent me a good cutout for the passenger side bracket, I had already made the driver side. I know It's more work than most people would put into a catch can set up. But I wanted something unique that ties into everything under the hood.View attachment 1773014View attachment 1773015View attachment 1773016View attachment 1773017View attachment 1773018View attachment 1773019
Nicely done @2011 gtcs ! Looks awesome!! That built 5.8 is begging for a nice shiny 3.6 KB to go on top of it.........lol

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Nicely done @2011 gtcs ! Looks awesome!! That built 5.8 is begging for a nice shiny 3.6 KB to go on top of it.........lol
Thanks man, I'm still thinking about selling her sometime next year and getting a real 13/14 Super Snake, but if I end up keeping her I'm probably going to do a Gen 4 2.9 whipple. Especially since the Shelby1000 hood was a complete disaster.

Users who are viewing this thread