built engines hp/tq on 93 octane

jeffthagiraffe

Established Member
Just seeing what some people are pushing their built 2v motors on 93 Octane. Wondering what's the most you can get out of pump gas, turbo or superchargeg.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
At 10* timing and 15# I make 718whp. I can push it harder on pump gas if I want to but I usually just leave the boost there. Previously with the same engine and a 2.3L Whipple I made 614whp with 10* timing and 17#.

jeffthagiraffe

Established Member
Hey Scott, the reason I was asking cus some guys at work were asking what my truck was going to make when I get it back from psi. I told them around 600 and someone said that's probably about the most you can get off pump gas. I told him I was thinking more around 700 or so, with my kb 2.6

At 10* timing and 15# I make 718whp. I can push it harder on pump gas if I want to but I usually just leave the boost there. Previously with the same engine and a 2.3L Whipple I made 614whp with 10* timing and 17#.

01whiteL

Established Member
Hey Scott, the reason I was asking cus some guys at work were asking what my truck was going to make when I get it back from psi. I told them around 600 and someone said that's probably about the most you can get off pump gas. I told him I was thinking more around 700 or so, with my kb 2.6

700 through pump gas is going to require a ton of boost with even a big blower, boost levels that will be unsafe on pump gas. I'm assuming you'll be running a pump gas tune hopefully at no more then 17-18#'s, from there it all depends on compression/heads/cams. 600 is a more accurate number.

jeffthagiraffe

Established Member
I know a handful of guys making 650 on pump gas. Then with these new trick flow heads are making the same power as other ported heads on 2-3 less pounds of boost

700 through pump gas is going to require a ton of boost with even a big blower, boost levels that will be unsafe on pump gas. I'm assuming you'll be running a pump gas tune hopefully at no more then 17-18#'s, from there it all depends on compression/heads/cams. 600 is a more accurate number.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member

I don't know if a KB 2.6 will get you there or not. Maybe with a set of TF heads, good cams, and a decent amount of boost. It all depends on how far you're willing to push the envelope on pump gas. Some guys run a fairly high amount of timing, others run a lot of boost, some both. Personally I'm not willing to take that chance on pump gas all the time. Every once in awhile I can turn up the boost but there's a big gamble when dealing with the inconsistencies pump gas can give you.

MikeyP60

Established Member
13 degrees of timing and 17 lbs of boost=597RWHP & 650+ tq. Built with a Whipple running a 3" upper and 6# lower. 93 octane tune.:coolman:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Yeah o understand I was just asking...I don't plan on going to far I was thinking maybe 650 then going to turbo after awhile

A turbo will cure what ails you. :thumbsup:

13 degrees of timing and 17 lbs of boost=597RWHP & 650+ tq. Built with a Whipple running a 3" upper and 6# lower. 93 octane tune.:coolman:

With a 6# lower and 3.0 upper you're only seeing 17psi?

EDIT: Nevermind, for some reason I was thinking stock block numbers.

Last edited:

jeffthagiraffe

Established Member
A turbo will cure what ails you. :thumbsup:

im hoping with the pulley set up i can see 600hp...me and patrick have been talking and with the tf heads making more power on less boost he thinks i can get that with a 3.5 upper and a 6# lower and if not i have a couple smaller uppers i think a 3.25 and a 3.2

Users who are viewing this thread