Built Lower is in my Garage!!!

herb101

Dis-Member-ed
Established Member
Thanks guys (and gals),

When I first got this truck and read posts about built motor, I never thought I would need one. Then, after driving it for six months I would dream about having one some day. Then I threw a rod, and it became a necessity.

As for the expected target for this thing - I don't want to jinx it by over-expecting, so I'm going to target the high 400s at the rear wheels. Previous dyno was 400/510 with 5#, open element filter, hi flow catted mids and a flip-chip. I want to be in the 11's when I'm done.

The lower isn't going to add any (maybe just a couple of) HP, but it gives me a stable base. The things that I planning to go with it to add power are:
Stage II heads
Stage II cams
ported stock plenum
long tubes, mids, Bassani X cat-back (hopefully)
Steg ported eaton
smaller upper pulley
SCT ProRacer tuning

I've got pumps, 60# injectors and the SCT BigAir MAF to keep things healthy.

Herb

DOHC Holliday

robot clean
Established Member
How long did it take to come in?

Almost 6 weeks here and still won't be ready. :??: I am getting a long block, however.

JJ@WMS

Banned
herb101 said:
Thanks guys (and gals),

When I first got this truck and read posts about built motor, I never thought I would need one. Then, after driving it for six months I would dream about having one some day. Then I threw a rod, and it became a necessity.

As for the expected target for this thing - I don't want to jinx it by over-expecting, so I'm going to target the high 400s at the rear wheels. Previous dyno was 400/510 with 5#, open element filter, hi flow catted mids and a flip-chip. I want to be in the 11's when I'm done.

The lower isn't going to add any (maybe just a couple of) HP, but it gives me a stable base. The things that I planning to go with it to add power are:
Stage II heads
Stage II cams
ported stock plenum
long tubes, mids, Bassani X cat-back (hopefully)
Steg ported eaton
smaller upper pulley
SCT ProRacer tuning

I've got pumps, 60# injectors and the SCT BigAir MAF to keep things healthy.

Herb

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

JJ@WMS

herb101

Dis-Member-ed
Established Member
I ordered it the day that JDM started the special, so there was a two week (I know - 2 weeks :rollseyes ) wait for the order collection before work actually started. After that there was an estimated 3 week 'production' time before shipment and shipping, for me was to be 3 days.

That would put the sale over on March 4th - work starting March 6th, at the earliest. I was #1 on the list for this round and mine was here on April 6th (was picked up from JDM April 1st).

All in all, it took 1 week longer than original estimate, but it's not like I'm rushing this build.

Tracy - I'm keeping the Jeep (Wrangler) for as long as possible - I at least want to drive it afte owning it for 5 years!!

The nasty old Scout is the one for sale (345 V8, auto, D20 T-case, D44 F&R, Front Disc)

Thanks JJ - I got the BigAir and I'll be in touch once my "initial tune laundry list" is finalized.

Herb

Users who are viewing this thread