Built only for 800rwhp+?

203Cree

Established Member
KB ZILLA said:
Cool !!

Did you stay for the show on Sunday? I won the Mild Gen 2 class :pepper:

Nah, I wasn't up there Sunday. I was putting on the parts that I got up there Sat. :banana: But I heard about the win. Congrats.

DL

Established Member
SVTFREEK said:
Im going the aluminum block route due to the setup I want to run, 32v with, if it ever comes out the 3.3 race blower from whipple, but if they take to long we will either do the twin turbo or maybe just one large turbo.

I purchased the aluminum block wich is good for over 3000 hp and it cost $5200.00, along with that we are using custom titanium rods from crower those alone cost me $3300 and that was at discount.

Daamn!!!!!You go boy... :beer: :coolman:

2000L

Most of the big horsepower Lighntnings havent run into problems with there rods. The problem there having when running extreme boost or a big shot of nitrous is lifting the heads. ARP needs to provide a stronger bolt, unless there is a way to add more head bolts, and I dont know if the design will alow it. Just guessing though I would say probably not.

FordFanStan

Established Member
I know I have only heard bad about there built blocks/crate engines.. but I think umm sean hyland sells an aluminum block bare too....? Stan

bumblebeetuna

Trade: Girlfriend for KB?
Established Member
What about an Aluminum Block with all billet internals. I heard that JDM is in the Process....good for how ever much you can throw at it. What do you think it would cost for all billet internals, I know rods are anywhere from 1200-1400$

SVTFREEK

- GOT BOOST? -
Established Member
The Block On Ebay Was Not The Aluminum Race Block, That Is The Oem Ford Gt Block And Runs About 2k From Ford Racing.

The Aluminum Race Block Runs About $5200 And There Is About A 6 Month Wait, Ive Already Been Waiting 3.

Last edited:

SVTFREEK

- GOT BOOST? -
Established Member
Yeah good luck getting it from them (sean hyland) I ordered straight from world race products.

SVTFREEK

- GOT BOOST? -
Established Member
YUL LUZ said:
What is your block going to be good for?
What do you mean? the block is good for 3000hp, rods and crank are good for 2000 hp and are light as shit, should rev up like a mother phucker.

As far as lifting the heads under high boost, I think we may have solved that problem. we'll see when its all said and done.

It was sopposed to be done this month, but after talking to world race proucts it looks like our delivery for the block has been pushed back another month or two, but Dante from DMP is going to call them tomorrow to tear them a new one :fm: We were supposed to receive the block last month.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread