Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Buy The American Muscle Rim

Votes: 18 78.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Novice

Established Member
Title is wrong, American Racing vs American Mucsle
Both Companies have my Rim size that I want to achieve but only thing in doubt is the style. I never had a harder decision when it came to my Mustang. What do you guys think? The Deep dish appearance might be the different. I looked at the charts and the Offsets are the same.
American Racing
mSB1056.jpg

VS.

American Muscle
mustangtuning_2031_56317617

Last edited:

Reverse

Established Member
lol had to look at them for a min but i like american muscles good luck with your choice...

Slo-Vert

Established Member
I oredered mine from OE wheel distributors in florida, I paid 470 for black deep dish 18x10 and 18x9s Couldnt be more pleased. the offset is amazing..
P1000929re-1.jpg

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
What size tire did you end up putting on them?

I was putting 275/35/18's on it until I went to have them put on today and the 2 front tires were rode on while flat (they are run flats) and we found some bad cuts on the inside of the tires so now I just ordered some 265/35/18's

03Honda_Hunter

Established Member
I have the American Racing Shelby wheel and if you're wanting a small lip on the front and a deep lip on the rear go with the American Muscle. I specifically asked the guy where I bought my wheels if the dish was different front to rear and he said yes. Well he didn't lie to me but it's less than 1/2in. I like the way it looks, but I wish the rear had a deeper lip on it.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
I have the American Racing Shelby wheel and if you're wanting a small lip on the front and a deep lip on the rear go with the American Muscle. I specifically asked the guy where I bought my wheels if the dish was different front to rear and he said yes. Well he didn't lie to me but it's less than 1/2in. I like the way it looks, but I wish the rear had a deeper lip on it.

maybe if you get the older style American Muscle 18x9's but the new ones (same ones I have) have a nice lip on the front, almost the same as the rear's.

03Honda_Hunter

Established Member
maybe if you get the older style American Muscle 18x9's but the new ones (same ones I have) have a nice lip on the front, almost the same as the rear's.

Sorry, I didn't really say much about the Shelby AR's other than there wasn't much of a difference front to rear. If you've never seen them in person (I hadn't at the time I ordered them) you'd think the same thing I did when the guy said the rear had a deeper lip then the front. Like I said it does, but basically both front and rear are deep dish wheels. There is a slight difference on the rear but it's not even noticeable until you actually measure it.

Users who are viewing this thread