Bullittman's GT 350

bullittman

Established Member
I am a long time member here but have not posted much, would like thank the many savvy posters on here, lots of good info.:thumbsup:

Took delivery of DIB tech pack car 0n 11/10, have about 500 miles on it right now, will share a few comments on it.

Went with tech pack because 90 % of driving will be cruising, traveling to events and weekend fun. In the past I have run 1/2 HSDE in the northeast and also tracks in Michagan, notably Gingerman Raceway which was a highly challenging event. I am a track novice who normally runs in group two and sometimes group three, and have used my 07 Gt500 the last few years.
Having eagerly awaited this car for the last year and accumulating knowledge about it, I could not help wondering if this car might be a bit of a letdown considering some of the hyperbole heaped on it by Ford and the media.

This is not that car :D

Two words Engine and chassis Engine, Engine, Ok maybe a couple more words.
First thing you notice is how easy this car is to drive around town, clutch is amazingly light, was worried a bit about the low torque at low rpm, but it is not an issue at all, probably gear ratios help there. There is a bit of throttle surge when warming up, been driving in 40's,50's with a few 60's and dodging the rain, but after cyl and oil temps come up surging goes away.
The drive modes are fantastic, in normal or even sport mode the car is far smoother than my 500....And the body is rigid, no shake,no ralltles. I have done some spirited driving on country roads and the car exhibits no lean in fast corners, and when you brake you stop ,RIGHT now. Can not wait to get this car on the track........I can't imagine how the R is after this car.
But nothing lets you know that this is like no other mustang before till you get after the throttle. The sound is intoxicating, as you are accelerating the engine sounds like no other. It is screaming ,vibrating and roaring like nothing else. It is a visceral experience!

About all I would add at this point would be a Recaro for the driver side, and possibly look into a tune after the tuners have worked with them for awile.

If you have one of these on order or have an interest , IMHO This is the steal of decade for what you get.:rolling:

Attachments

• 350 038.JPG
    350 038.JPG
    379.1 KB · Views: 1,113
  • 350 037.JPG
    350 037.JPG
    419 KB · Views: 1,098
  • 350-3 003.JPG
    350-3 003.JPG
    406.9 KB · Views: 1,105
Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Damn it. I so want one of these. Thanks for the input and please keep us updated on your feelings about the car.

motorcycle4

Established Member
bullittman;

i like south of buffalo with chassis 0364 i put mine away already as 6" snow for tommorrow nite and live on hill they will pour the salt to if we get any snow at all so got it 11/9 couple orf hundred miles is all and i agree made my 2010 gt500 look like a buggy this is really really good but now i have another wait for weather after wonderong if i would see car.

bullittman

Established Member
i like south of buffalo with chassis 0364 i put mine away already as 6" snow for tommorrow nite and live on hill they will pour the salt to if we get any snow at all so got it 11/9 couple orf hundred miles is all and i agree made my 2010 gt500 look like a buggy this is really really good but now i have another wait for weather after wonderong if i would see car.

CONGRATS man, we might miss the snow here, so maybe another week. Will be a LONG winter !:pop:

D2M

Established Member
Curious: Is there any break in or run in period or routine for the engine and driveline dictated in the owners manual?

bullittman

Established Member
Curious: Is there any break in or run in period or routine for the engine and driveline dictated in the owners manual?

Manual says 100 miles ,vary rpm, avoid prolonged hi rpm pulls. 1000 miles, avoid track work. I stayed close on the first 100 or so. Have about 500 miles on now and have running it "Aggressively" :rolling:

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Great looking car. I am having trouble with color options. I keep setting a different one as my desktop background and seeing which I will finally go with. I love the DIB, but the grey with black is also getting high marks. My original thought was yellow.

bullittman

Established Member
A few more pics. Over 500 miles now, starting to loosen up. It's been in the 40's but dry, the pilot supersports work surprisingly well even at these temps.

Attachments

• gt350-8 003.JPG
    gt350-8 003.JPG
    434.6 KB · Views: 766
  • gt350-8 005.JPG
    gt350-8 005.JPG
    410.5 KB · Views: 766
  • gt350-8 002.JPG
    gt350-8 002.JPG
    446.9 KB · Views: 764
  • 350-7 003.JPG
    350-7 003.JPG
    424.3 KB · Views: 761

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Saweet ride brother. You're living on borrowed time as far as the weather goes so get it all in while you can.

Users who are viewing this thread