Bumblebee Camaro vs. Shelby GT500

GarageLogic

Established Member
So, funny story.

As some of you know, my GT500 is currently my daily driver and coming back to the office from lunch with a co-worker the other day, we turned the corner in the parking lot to see a yellow Transformers-edition SS Camaro parked in front of the main entrance to the building.

Given where it was sitting, I knew I would have to drive by it on my way to my parking space, and it would allow me to at least check it out in passing. Well, as I get closer to the car, one of the ladies who works in my department and who is pretty into cars, flags me down and says, “Hey, look what my husband went out and bought this morning!”, pointing to the Camaro. Of course, I give her props on the car and complimented her on how nice it looked. As we are talking, her husband (whom I’ve never met before) makes his way over to stand beside his wife next to my passenger window. Once again, I give him compliments on his new car and asked him how he liked it. He immediately commented on how much power it seemed to have and indicated that he would like to get my car out on SR-840 (a local 4-lane interstate highway) and see how my car and his stacked up to one another.

At this point, I smile and say, “I don’t think you want to do that.” to which he replies something about how everything he’s read says the 2010 GT500 and the SS Camaro are real close in performance and he felt confident that he would be able to hang neck-and-neck with me. Of course, he was not aware that my car was modified, but my passenger, who had sat there silently during the whole exchange, was. He asked the owner of the Camaro, “Hey, that’s a Transformers edition, correct?” And the guy shook his head in agreement. He then continued, “Well, that’s cool and all, but this car”, pointing at the car he was sitting in, “It’s more than meets the eye!” :D

I eventually fessed up to what I’d done to my car and he acknowledged, in that case, maybe he would wait until he’s made a few modifications of his own before he tried to hit me up for a run again.:-D

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
You should have just let him think it was stock and then thrashed him mercilessly out on the highway.

Just sayin, that's what I would have done.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
You should have just let him think it was stock and then thrashed him mercilessly out on the highway.

Just sayin, that's what I would have done.

lol then made him think it was stock.. then he woulda sold the camaro lol..

least he wasnt a clown about it thinking he could kill you..

CAAAAnnn we seee some pictures of your car?!

and what exactly is a transformers edition?

GarageLogic

Established Member
CAAAAnnn we seee some pictures of your car?!

and what exactly is a transformers edition?

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/9197248-post19.html

There is also a write-up on the install at www.powerblockmag.com It is the the issue with Carroll Shelby on the cover.

Basically, the Transformers thing is an apprearance-only package that GM offered on a limited basis. It adds nothing for performance.

2010 Transformers Special Edition Chevy Camaro unveiled — Autoblog

Holly carp Twins on your GT500 :thumbsup: Got any videos ?

Not yet. It's either rained or snowed almost every weekend since i've had the turbos on the thing. Maybe this weekend it will be nice enought to get some footage filmed.

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
HOLY ****!
so the turbos are mounted behind the tranny AND it still has the eaton...

nice car GarageLogic!

read a little of the article, and you used to own a KB '07 GT500, Im sure this is a huge step up.
Eaton + Hellion TT = 1 bad mother****en ride!

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Even a bone stock GT500 would rape a stock camaro, any pics of that beast?

Last edited:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
great read. people have no clue. sounds like you have a fairly stout car--congrats

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
lol then made him think it was stock.. then he woulda sold the camaro lol..

QUOTE]

Best part would have been him explaining to his wife why their new Camaro got beat so bad. :thumbsup:

I wasted a guy in a Camaro once with my old clapped out, rusty Skylark with a built 455 in it, he had his girl in the car and I could see him laughing and pointing at my car.

Needless to say he wasn't laughing when he watched my taillights disappear in the distance in front of him.

Last edited:

Brian Z.

Established Member
So he bought a camaro with a transformers badge on it????? Holy crap, you should have smacked him for being so ghey :)

Users who are viewing this thread