Burning oil in open loop. Tune related?

Chris Smith

Established Member
Started doing a retest with the engine warmed up. First hole and I pulled the hose right off the end of the adapter that screws in the plug hole. SMH. There's no way this thing is accurate or consistent. We are talking 150+ psi. And I just pulled it apart.

Also there is oil pooling in my intake tube at the throttle body. Is this normal on these engines?

Anyway, what are the odds a ruined this engine. I have made 2 wot pulls half of second and half of third gear. And one wot pull 1-2 gear. All before I was told it runs lean after 4K. I know there is no way to no for sure but what's the likelihood I hurt something with such minimal exposure to lean conditions. I am just scared here.

Chris Smith

Established Member
IMG_1917.JPG Plug

hotcobra03

Established Member
Oil in throttle body...

some is normal..

pouring out is another..

if ran odds are some has made it into lower intake...sadly it has to pass thru intercooler which will clog ..and cause smoke out exhaust..

I had it while driving on 7cyls...rear of car would get covered in oil..

these do have head issues

Chris Smith

Established Member
So took it in for the tune it ended up being that the wiring for the maf was broken and the car was running 30 degreees of timing constantly initially choking it out. In return burning oil like a mower does when you leave the coke on too long.
Paul's high performance was great to work with. Highly recommend him.

Users who are viewing this thread