burnout question?

Dismember

2003 black Terminator
Established Member
Hey guys, last time i went to the track i had no problem doing burnout when the Nittos was at 30 psi .... then on my last 2 runs i went to 22 psi and the burnout was tough to do, like if the cars always want to go in a forward motion. I was unable to spin the wheels from a dead stop. Any tricks???

BTW I'm not doing the Heel and toe, more the clutch drop and jump on the brake

Tx.

20stang02

Established Member
The lower the tire pressure, the more the tire is going to want to bite while your doing a burnout...but with your car, you should have no problem frying the hell out of nittos...you doing a 2nd gear burnout, starting in the water?

Dismember

2003 black Terminator
Established Member
The lower the tire pressure, the more the tire is going to want to bite while your doing a burnout...but with your car, you should have no problem frying the hell out of nittos...you doing a 2nd gear burnout, starting in the water?

Ah... it may be my mistake, i do a little spin in the water then drive 4 or 5 feet and now the burnout ....... maybe i should start it in the water?

And i do 1 st gear burnouts.

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Make sure you're using the brake "just enough to hold you still" and not slamming it through the floor.

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
Ah... it may be my mistake, i do a little spin in the water then drive 4 or 5 feet and now the burnout ....... maybe i should start it in the water?

And i do 1 st gear burnouts.

There's your problem. 1st gear doesn't spin the tires fast enough. Do a little spin in the box then pull forward like you do. Put it in 2nd, rev it up to 5500 and dump it then slam the brake with your left foot. Keep the rpms up. She'll smoke'm like John Force. -Mark

Dismember

2003 black Terminator
Established Member
There's your problem. 1st gear doesn't spin the tires fast enough. Do a little spin in the box then pull forward like you do. Put it in 2nd, rev it up to 5500 and dump it then slam the brake with your left foot. Keep the rpms up. She'll smoke'm like John Force. -Mark

Thanks man, i was thinking that 2 nd gear burnout was tougher to do then the 1 st gear , obviously i was wrong.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^I only dump mine at like 3,500 to 4,000 rpm's but as soon as I do the rpm's climb when the clutch hits.

th_MVI_0019.jpg

Last edited:

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
I had troubles doing a burnout the last time I went to the track in 2006. I think I was pressign the brake too hard and ended up stalling the car.....twice.....lol.

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
DONT start your burnout in the waterbox. you are gonna shoot water into your fenderwells and drag it onto the track.

whiteonblackL

Established Member
DONT start your burnout in the waterbox. you are gonna shoot water into your fenderwells and drag it onto the track.

and the tires will smoke alot faster since you wont be in the water as long.
i always get in the water spin them to get water on them and pull up till im out of the water and give her hell. i do this in my race car, and the L

90lxfox5.0

Established Member
you need to do it in 2nd,and get instant rpm.Quik hard burn out in 2nd at 5500 for 3 to 4 secs works well with nittos.And i would do heal toe just like 6 inches out of the burn out box but still in the damp.Then roll it out 3 to 4 feet after the 3 to 4 sec 5500 rpm quik hard burn out.

Dismember

2003 black Terminator
Established Member
All right guys, the general consensus is to do it in 2nd gear.... i'll try it. Thank you all :)

Feel free to add something else.

Ben

Users who are viewing this thread