Busted for WEED.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
I am an occasional pot smoker. The stuff grows from the ground naturally I dont see why its illegal anyways.

So I got outta class yesterday, and just finished up with a test I had studied 3 days for. Wanted to smoke a lil and work on the stang. I went to a park nearby and NOONE was there so I went ahead and lit a blunt. Popped the hood and was messing with some sloppy wiring I had done. I was going to rewire my n20 system. So it starts getting windy so I got into the car and rolled the windows down so I didnt bake out the car.

Sat in there for about 10 minutes and smoked, then got out and started back on the wiring. Then, 2 cop cars roll up through the park gates. I had a lil roach left so I crumbled it and tossed it off in the grass. They were headed right for my car and I was the only one there.

So they stop and ask, "having car trouble?" I said, "no just like to mess around with it sometimes.". So they get outta there cars and start asking me what all I had done to it. I told them and they said they smelled weed around my car. I admitted that I had been smoking some earlier. They asked if I had anymore in the car and I said no, but I did. I had about a half of a blunt in my drvers side door I didnt even know about. They found it and said that If I kept lying they would take me to jail. They searched it somemore but didnt find anything else because like I said im just an occasional smoker, I dont have it all over the place.

So the one cop asked if I had anymore at my house and I said no again because I was sure they would'nt go to my house and search but guess what?:idea: They said I had to sign a consent to search form for the house or they would take me to jail. So I went ahead and confessed that I did have a VERY small amount in my room. They told me to get in the back of his car and leave my stang at the park. They sent me and another officer over to my house so they could search my room. Didnt put me in cuffs. I went in and gave him what all I had and he said "Thats It!?" So he said that I seemed like a good kid, just caught in a bad situation and he was going to give me a chance to get out of this.

Heres the deal, either I take this charge of simple possesion of marijuana, or he said If I rat out 3 people that I know sells drugs, he'll drop the charges. I told him I would do it because I cant have weed on my record im trying to be an accountant and I will be running a landscaping company in a couple years. But the thing is that I dont know 3 drug dealers! I have to find them, go in with a wire and tape recorder, buy the weed with gov't drug money and, leave so they can arrest them. I am able to do this, but shits getting thick quick! He wants 3 names and phone #s of people by monday!

Comments or suggestions? I have already told myself that I must stop smoking weed alltogether.

Last edited:

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
I was busted a while ago for the same thing. I do not know if your a minor or an adult but when my incident occured i was 16 years old. i was with 6 other people so the one who had the paraphernalia and the actual weed got worse off than i did. Now i admitted that i was smoking because i knew if i lied i would be screwed even more. I was put on Probation for 6 months, and was told if everything went successfully i would have my record expunged since i was a minor and it was my first ever criminal offense (3 Misdemeanors 1 Summary offense). If your a legal adult it my be different. That cop was being very nice to you and giving you a chance to have everything dropped.

Just another reason now i don't do drugs. Good luck with your case

Last edited:

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
Please I dont want people coming in to flame me and call me names or say im a dumbass pothead, blah blah blah. I already know what I did was stupid and illegal, I heard all that from the officer. Im sure im not the only one on SVTP that has smoked a little weed here and there.

Struck U

Established Member
You screwed up. Take responsibility for your own actions. Don't be a puss and narc out others, especially if they aren't the people you got your grass from in the first place. I am assuming you got it from someone who is close to you, or a friend. Why don't you give the ploice their info instead of going out to "find" some dealers. Man up to your actions.

edit: by the way, I smoke pot too. If I were to ever get caught, I would never drag anyone down with me. Be careful who you turn in. I would rather face the consequences than have to look over my shoulder wondering if someone is going to @#$% me up.

Last edited:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Poppy plants grow out of the ground natually too, just like coca plants.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
01SVTSnake said:
I was busted a while ago for the same thing. I do not know if your a minor or an adult but when my incident occured i was 16 years old. i was with 6 other people so the one who had the paraphernalia and the actual weed got worse off than i did. Now i admitted that i was smoking because i knew if i lied i would be screwed even more. I was put on Probation for 6 months, and was told if everything went successfully i would have my record expunged since i was a minor and it was my first ever criminal offense (3 Misdemeanors 1 Summary offense). If your a legal adult it my be different. That cop was being very nice to you and giving you a chance to have everything dropped.

Just another reason now i don't do drugs. Good luck with your case

Just a quick note, if you got probation, then you were convicted. If you were convicted, even as a minor, the arrest will stay on your record for life. It may be removed from the local database, but it will always be in NCIC. So, if you apply for any position requiring a Background Investigation it will appear.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
LS1Killer said:
I am an occasional pot smoker. The stuff grows from the ground naturally I dont see why its illegal anyways.

As Dale pointed out so does the ingredients needed for cocaine and heroin.

LS1Killer said:
Comments or suggestions? I have already told myself that I must stop smoking weed alltogether.

Since you wont be able to provide the names and numbers by Monday, you will probably find yourself arrested. My suggestion is get in front of this thing. Call the officer and tell him you dont know anyone by name or number that you can give up, unless you do.

HerNameIsPonie

LAMC ftw
Established Member
How much did you get caught with? One of my friends got caught with an 1/8th and he just got a ticket went to court and payed the fine

Antagon

Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
As Dale pointed out so does the ingredients needed for cocaine and heroin.

Ingredients** Pot grows naturally as-is, doesn't need to be manufactured like that other sh*t.

As for the thread, don't rat anybody out, man up and take the fall. Like Struck U said, i'd rather worry about a little mark on my record than being labelled a rat and having to watch my back all the time.

Hell a friend (dealer) got his house raided a couple weeks ago, not by cops, by a bunch of huge black dudes with guns, ridiculous sh*t.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
having grown up around major pot smokers/growers, but never smoking it myself (never saw the need, nor did anyone in my family) I can sympathize.. but damn dude, why were you smoking in public in a park like that.. you can smell marijuana smoke for blocks and you were the ONLY one around.. you were asking for trouble..

FBMphil

Established Member
I'm not getting the whole "rat out 3 people or your ass is grass" situation. How can an officer set up this situation without a judge's permission or a date in court?

I think you're full of it.

jshen

Established Member
Damn - I just spent an hour typing a response and the darn server logged me off....A big drink is needed!

Well I'll be a little more brief....I've seen similar issues like those you post.

First, consent must be voluntary..it cannot be based on threat of prosecution or benefit of reward. The consent you gave to your house has 4th and 5th Amendment issues all over it.

Arrest and search of you car- OK from what I see

Second. The decision to arrest may lie initially with the police but it isn't final! That decision lies with the prosecuting atty. and whatever promises an officer makes to not prosecute you...can come back to bite you squarely on the butt. Furthermore, promises or threats...to cooperate and be part of a sting, are ..just flat bad and gives prosecutors and officers a bad reputation. [ It is unethical for prosecutors to do ] Worse, all of that must be given in "discovery" to the defense who will argue that the state's star witness was bought and paid for..In order in insure the person won't get charged, I have to file a written motion for witness immunity or for co-defendants who testify against their buddies- "use immunity" which again, the other side gets. If the witness turns our to be more culpable that originally thought- I need to start looking for a new job.

Third. Stings. Whether a civiliant participates in a sting must be up to him and be his idea! I will not use one otherwise for the reasons above. Just as importantly, the person could get hurt, be retaliated against, and still get prosecuted..I cannot control officers' actions but I will not allow evidence of a coerced nature and will readily disclose such to the property authorities.

Lastly, if you want to help the police do so because you want to- not because you feel intimidated to do so. In your case you should seek the assistance of counsel ..

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Antagon said:
Ingredients** Pot grows naturally as-is, doesn't need to be manufactured like that other sh*t.

What is grown, is not how it is consumed. It must be taken off the plant, dried, and separated. Very similar is the process for Opium production. The poppy is collected and boiled and dried and then smoked. There is no further manufacturing required for Opium itself.

Antagon said:
As for the thread, don't rat anybody out, man up and take the fall. Like Struck U said, i'd rather worry about a little mark on my record than being labelled a rat and having to watch my back all the time.

Labeled a rat? By whom, other drug uses or dealers? In normal productive society, we call this "getting rid of a problem." It isn't like tattling on your brother for taking a cookie. I suppose you are against telling the police where gang members are as well as gun sellers.

Antagon said:
Hell a friend (dealer) got his house raided a couple weeks ago, not by cops, by a bunch of huge black dudes with guns, ridiculous sh*t.

Yes, selling and using illegal drugs is ridiculous. Just like your post.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
FBMphil said:
I'm not getting the whole "rat out 3 people or your ass is grass" situation. How can an officer set up this situation without a judge's permission or a date in court?

I think you're full of it.

This can be set up by a narcotics officer or an officer who knows the game, without a judge's permission. Judges dont decided issues like this, it might be more a prosecutors call, but on the low level with small amounts it is usually left up to the P.D. or S.O.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
El Jefe said:
alcohol was illegal once, and im sure you have had a drink sometime in your life.

While it was legal, yes. Once these drugs become legal, feel free to partake.

There also used to be no speed limits, but there are now. It also used to be lawful to drown those suspected of being a witch, not so much anymore.

El Jefe

Established Member
i guess all i meant was that some illegal drugs are not as ridiculous as others and imo you should be free to take whatever you want into your own body.
lol at the witch comment

as for the origninal poster, he was a dumbass and something about his story doesnt add up for me.

Easy

Live Fast Die Fun
Established Member
El Jefe said:
alcohol was illegal once, and im sure you have had a drink sometime in your life.

snitch on 3 drug dealers, good decision - better transfer to another college

should of just kept your mouth shut once they found the weed in the car until you spoke to a lawyer

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread