"...But on a road course..!!"

01L2Cobra

Banned
Fourcam330 said:
Yeah because so many people race over 150-160 MPH. :rolleyes: With regard to acceleration it will beat a vette. Sure a 6 speed in the GT would be nice, but the V8/VCT torque makes do with 5 quite nicely--much better than the Eclipse 3.8L V6 could, and it also happens to be a 14 second car. :xpl:
It happends I have had my mildly moded 01 up to 140+ on the track. As far as acceleration goes what do you think the GT500 will do from 0-60? The 3650 is a POS and Ford needs to drop it and upgrade.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
01L2Cobra said:
Ford will be the one that loses in the end not us. With the market the way it is Ford really cant expect us to have to wait in the end it will only hurt them in the pocket book. Look at it this way they really aren’t even keeping up any more. Even the new eclipse has a 6 speed the Mustang GT only a 5. Only 175 huh well the base Vette has a tops speed of 186 so that just goes to show you that edge still goes to the Vette so stop saying it will beat one.

Harley never followed the sport bike 4 cylinder motorcycle, and thats the one I would choose. I want pretty good handling, and a shit load of muscle at the redlight.

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
01L2Cobra said:
It happends I have had my mildly moded 01 up to 140+ on the track. As far as acceleration goes what do you think the GT500 will do from 0-60? The 3650 is a POS and Ford needs to drop it and upgrade.

The GT500 comes with the T56 from the 03/04 Cobra. :poke: You can't make any performance claims until the car is released. Ford and C&D both claim 4.0 seconds to 60mph.
One thing after another, you just keep on bitching... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last edited:

oz98snake

Not so new SVT poster
Established Member
Coupla things to keep in mind about SVT and the Cobra when it comes to discussions about the road course vs the drag strip - first of all, SVT has never marketed or catered to the drag racing market segment - the Cobra was always supposed to be about building a Mustang that handles - and their marketing has always leaned towards the road course - case in point is the SVTOA, which promotes on-track events on road courses, and the Cobra R "factory racer" specials.

Having said that, in my opinion, they lost the plot with the 03/04 Cobras with the blown iron blocked engine, which is about as useless as tits on a bull when it comes to serious road course use - the supercharged engine just doesn't last when open tracked often and/or hard, or raced. I think it was a serious product/marketing mismatch by Ford to have a whole marketing message and brand focused in one direction, then release a car that was at odds with that. Yes Ford needed to raise the bar with the 03, but what they should have done is gone with a 5.4L DOHC normally aspirated engine making 390, and preferably with an Aluminum block, but an iron block without the blower would still have worked. For the power hungry, and the drag racers who want to use SVT product, the aftermarket would have provided plenty of power adder options as it always has done.

So where are we now? Ford/SVT marketing is still totally road course centric - in fact, it has been signicantly increased with the whole Mustang marketing program being road racing focused - consider the FR500 Grand Ams, the multitude of "body kit specials" like the Roush, MRT, Steeda, etc., the new drifters, the TV ads, leveraging the Ford GT, the Shelby branding, etc. etc. But can the next Cobra be a 400HP normally aspirated machine? No, not after the terminator - so the first 05 platform based Cobra has to be another big bruiser, and I think the GT500 is spot on for what is needed - it's not a drag racer, it's not a road racer - it's a badass retro street machine that will be bought and driven by a mostly older customer (and make a good dorm room poster for the kids). And they will sell plenty - at least initially?

But unless SVT also comes up with a "road racer" - the GT350 if you like - then once again their marketing focus will be at odds with the product. That doesn't mean that only a handful of die hard open trackers will buy one either - on the contrary, it will be cheaper, get better gas mileage, etc., so it will in fact outsell it's big brother (just like the normal vette outsells the Z06 by a mile, and the V6 stang outsells the GT).

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
01L2Cobra said:
And I am tired of repeating myself what is the point is straight line acceleration if you lose the ground in a curve.

This time we get power, next time you get handling. Ford's going to lose you blah blah blah. Why not make your cry to arms heard by calling SVT instead of pissing in everyone's cheerios constantly? Your need to constantly bitch about everything GT500 is unbelievably annoying.

01L2Cobra

Banned
Fourcam330 said:
The GT500 comes with the T56 from the 03/04 Cobra. :poke: You can't make any performance claims until the car is released. Ford and C&D both claim 4.0 seconds to 60mph.
One thing after another, you just keep on bitching... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
What Mustang has the 3650? Oh that’s right the GT and weren’t we talking about how it comes whit a lousy 5 speed? Oh yea that’s we were just a couple of posts back. Like I said back in that post Ford isn't even keeping up with lesser cars at this point in time.

Last edited:

01L2Cobra

Banned
Fourcam330 said:
This time we get power, next time you get handling. Ford's going to lose you blah blah blah. Why not make your cry to arms heard by calling SVT instead of pissing in everyone's cheerios constantly? Your need to constantly bitch about everything GT500 is unbelievably annoying.
Oh really and where is this car that is built for handling? The next SE Mustang is supposedly the California Special which if anything will be a GT500 vert or at least share many of its parts. As far as my bitching being annoying so is your inane ramblings about how great a car this is when you have neither driven it, sat in, or even seen it in person. At best all you can do is quote magazines that haven’t even tested the final product. In fact at this point they don’t even know how much of the show car we will see in the GT500 since Ford seems to be down grading parts weekly. Remember the 05 concept? There isn’t much of it left in the new mustang so who knows it may change just as much as the concept did. So how can a car that is constantly changing to the point that you personally know nothing about it be so great that you have to defend every aspect of it? I have a totally different perspective and opinion than you do about this car so get use to it because I’m not the only one that does.

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
01L2Cobra said:
What Mustang has the 3650? Oh that’s right the GT and weren’t we talking about how it comes whit a lousy 5 speed? Oh yea that’s we were just a couple of posts back. Like I said back in that post Ford isn't even keeping up with lesser cars at this point in time.

So it's my fault you can't type correctly? Your constant mispellings/misquotes are as annoying as they are misinformative. The fact remains with as much TQ as the new GT has 6 gears aren't a necessity to run 14s like they are in a V6 Eclipse. For $25K you can have a VCT V8 with 5 speed or V6 with 6 speed (isn't it also FWD???) Again you have a choice and no one says you have to buy Ford. :bash:

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
01L2Cobra said:
Oh really and where is this car that is built for handling? The next SE Mustang is supposedly the California Special which if anything will be a GT500 vert or at least share many of its parts. As far as my bitching being annoying so is your inane ramblings about how great a car this is when you have neither driven it, sat in, or even seen it in person. At best all you can do is quote magazines that haven’t even tested the final product. In fact at this point they don’t even know how much of the show car we will see in the GT500 since Ford seems to be down grading parts weekly. Remember the 05 concept? There isn’t much of it left in the new mustang so who knows it may change just as much as the concept did. So how can a car that is constantly changing to the point that you personally know nothing about it be so great that you have to defend every aspect of it? I have a totally different perspective and opinion than you do about this car so get use to it because I’m not the only one that does.[/b[

I never said the next SVT Cobra was the next SE Mustang to be released now did I? By comparison to the last gen. Mustang the '05s are worlds better in every way, to think that the GT500 won't be an all around better car is assinine. By your own logic you have no idea how the car will handle so STFU. See what I'm saying, you posess the logic of a 3 year old. Stop acting like a spoiled child and I'll stop treating you like one.
Anyone in this forum can tell you your dislikes about the GT500, we get it, at this point the downfalls are well known and you're looking more and more like a troll everyday. All your points, are far from new news, so get over it, wait, or buy another car. Your persistant bitching (and btw, it is 99% YOU) and constant whole hearted negative attitude is unbelievably pathetic and lends new credibility to the fact that men apparently can menstruate. :xpl:

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
01L2Cobra said:

Actually in reality, no one else in that segment is keeping up with the Mustang. Rereard your statement, that claim is absolutely pathetic/inaccurate, what are you channeling JWFisher?; Your weak arguments are more than anything embarassing (something I would expect from a Ricer) and constantly reflect poorly upon all the OT guys out there. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last edited:

01L2Cobra

Banned
Fourcam330 said:
The fact remains with as much TQ as the new GT has 6 gears aren't a necessity to run 14s like they are in a V6 Eclipse. For $25K you can have a VCT V8 with 5 speed or V6 with 6 speed (isn't it also FWD???) Again you have a choice and no one says you have to buy Ford. :bash:
And like I said the 3650 is a POS and Ford needs to upgrade and get with the times.

01L2Cobra

Banned
Fourcam330 said:
Actually in reality, no one else in that segment is keeping up with the Mustang. Rereard your statement, that claim is absolutely pathetic/inaccurate, what are you channeling JWFisher?; Your weak arguments are more than anything embarassing (something I would expect from a Ricer) and constantly reflect poorly upon all the OT guys out there. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Really the 350Z isn’t keeping up with the mustang huh well there Hp numbers are the same and so is the price tag. But guess what it has a 6 speed the Mustang GT has fallen behind do to its crappy 3650. The only Ricer here is you with all of the magazine racing you do in regards to the GT500.

AbusiveWombat

Established Member
01L2Cobra said:
Really the 350Z isn’t keeping up with the mustang huh well there Hp numbers are the same and so is the price tag. But guess what it has a 6 speed the Mustang GT has fallen behind do to its crappy 3650. The only Ricer here is you with all of the magazine racing you do in regards to the GT500.

Is the Mustang any slower than the 350z?

01L2Cobra

Banned
Fourcam330 said:
I never said the next SVT Cobra was the next SE Mustang to be released now did I? By comparison to the last gen. Mustang the '05s are worlds better in every way, to think that the GT500 won't be an all around better car is assinine. By your own logic you have no idea how the car will handle so STFU. See what I'm saying, you posess the logic of a 3 year old. Stop acting like a spoiled child and I'll stop treating you like one.
Anyone in this forum can tell you your dislikes about the GT500, we get it, at this point the downfalls are well known and you're looking more and more like a troll everyday. All your points, are far from new news, so get over it, wait, or buy another car. Your persistant bitching (and btw, it is 99% YOU) and constant whole hearted negative attitude is unbelievably pathetic and lends new credibility to the fact that men apparently can menstruate. :xpl:
You have also never stated what this Mustang is that has handling in mind even though I have asked you to prove that any plans for such a car exist. Now as far as being a spoiled child that would be you since you love to cry when anyone talks bad about the car you are so blindly in love with. All you can do is pout and quote magazines any time some one talks bad about the car. Grow up and learn there are others on here that do not like this Cobra. Now if every one on here was like you then we would all have to sell our cars put a down payment on one grow a mullet and start looking for Camaro owners in order to see whose exhaust is louder.

Last edited:

01L2Cobra

Banned
AbusiveWombat said:
Is the Mustang any slower than the 350z?
The base 350Z is only .05 lower in the 1/4 but now add in the extra hp for the 350Z track and it will beat the Mustang.

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
01L2Cobra said:
The base 350Z is only .05 lower in the 1/4 but now add in the extra hp for the 350Z track and it will beat the Mustang.

"But you're comparing a modified vehicle to a stock one" You are such a hypotcrite. Also find me track results showing a 13.50 or lower for the 350Z, you won't because it's far from being in the same class acceleration wise.

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
01L2Cobra said:
And like I said the 3650 is a POS and Ford needs to upgrade and get with the times.

The fact the Mitsu is FWD is enough for me to pass it by. Find something else to bitch about.

01LightningGal

Gloria
Established Member
Good Christ............. you two should just get married and get it over with already. :D

01L2, we understand what you are saying. Personally, I prefer the twisties also. However, I also understand the Mustangs market............ and where its priorities lie (I have been a fan for 21 years). Pick up any Mustang magazine, and you will see article after article about drag racing, building a racer, and drag race events. As much as you may not like it, this is the main market for the Mustang, and these are the people who buy the majority of the cars (performance versions). Ford would be assinine if they DIDN'T tailor their first SE Mustang to this crowd. They are in business to make money........... and frankly, big HP numbers sells.

Also, I think you are a bit wishful in how easy you think it is to just keep putting in stronger and stronger parts, or lighter parts. Strength costs money, and so does lightweight. Just how much money are you willing to spend to morph your Pony/Muscle car into a M3/Vette beater??? You want a no compromises road course terror. You want high N/A hp, with an aluminum block. This requires high compression, which requires higher dollar parts. You want aluminum blocks that will hold up to anything. You do realize how expensive that is, right??? You want Ford GT equivelant rear IRS rear suspension............... in a $40K car.............. huh??? You want the car to be lightweight like the Z06, but Ford isn't allowed to charge you more for the carbon fiber, or aluminum.............. huh??? Yes Ford did it in the GT............. but that car costs $150K and Ford doesn't make much money on it.

I understand that we all want to have our cake, and eat it too. In the market that the Mustang plays in, the compromises necessary just do not let that happen. You will never get your 3300lb, 06/07/08, 500hp, 1G skidpad, 60-0 in 95ft, $35K Mustang. It will NEVER happen from the factory. No amount of complaining will make it so. GM couldn't build the Z06 for $35K............... and neither can Ford.

Thus, if I get a new gen Mustang, I will just do what I did with my '91 GT. Build it to be what I want it to be. In the end, I will have a Mustang that is uniquely mine. Remember, getting there is half the fun.

BTW, your assertion that it will only run in the low 60mph range in the slalom is mearly a case of guessing. My '01, 4700lb, VERY high profile Lightning will pull 61.3mph with a worse weight distribution. If a 3800lb Mustang can't do better than that............ then they shouldn't even build it.

Fourcam330

Established Member
01L2Cobra said:
You have also never stated what this Mustang is that has handling in mind even though I have asked you to prove that any plans for such a car exist. Now as far as being a spoiled child that would be you since you love to cry when anyone talks bad about the car you are so blindly in love with. All you can do is pout and quote magazines any time some one talks bad about the car. Grow up and learn there are others on here that do not like this Cobra. Now if every one on here was like you then we would all have to sell our cars put a down payment on one grow a mullet and start looking for Camaro owners in order to see whose exhaust is louder.

ROFL, yep, I'm pure WT with a serious mullet. Last time I checked NASCAR was a form of road racing, and we all know there are no NASCAR fans with mullets :lol1: Let's clear this up asap. I'm 26, own/operate my own landscaping company, three campus rental properties, and write for both automotive books/magazines. Chances are I could buy/sell your ass many times over at a much younger age than you. Go chew on that mullet. :bored:
The next SVT Cobra is two years away, I don't expect you'll hear anything for at least another year or so. Why not call SVT to complain? They can do 100% more for you in a matter of minutes than publicly whining 12hrs a day on a UBB will ever get you. Like I said I can't wait until that underpowered POS debuts--better bring your A game. :lol:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread