Butt Load of GT500 info.

91svtbird

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
i am no expert but am suprised ford does not offer another insert color to match some of the stripes. they have an option of red inserts but no option of red stripes. makes no sense to me.
black int with blue inserts to go along with the white and blue or blue and white makes much more sense in my mind. dont you think?
My thoughts exactly! Why only red inserts? Blue inserts would go with more combinations .IMO :uh oh: I know it's way too early but maybe sometime in the future if there are enough GT500 owners who want a color insert optiion
other than red we could get a group purchase with an upolstery CO? Just a thought.

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
roushraven said:
Must be making some serious mid range power.

-RR

It's higher than the 6000rpm listed previously and is a good sign regarding the quality of the new rotating assembly (mainly rods/rod bolts).

Milstang

Established Member
mrGT said:
Milstang,

Now that's an option!! Are you looking at doing the door panels as well? What price range do you think the conversion will run?

THANKS

Sorry for the delay guys, we are in the middle of an exercise so 16+ hour days are common.

I do not have a price as of yet. I recently moved due to Uncle Sam so I have to find another Katzkin authorized place again. I also plan on getting the inserts, having the snake sewn back on. I am still considering getting the heated seat option as well, and I know that is adding more weight...but I think the car can handle it. :rockon:

The thing I like is Katzkin can redo a completely new cover so I don't have to worry about the stitching wearing some. That and I can keep the original seat covers for if I ever decide to return it back.

Crispy...I still have a lot of ideas I plan on doing. Ford gave me too much time to look around and get new ideas all the time. ;-)

mrGT

Established Member
Posted by Milstang
I also plan on getting the inserts, having the snake sewn back on. I am still considering getting the heated seat option as well, and I know that is adding more weight...but I think the car can handle it.

The thing I like is Katzkin can redo a completely new cover so I don't have to worry about the stitching wearing some. That and I can keep the original seat covers for if I ever decide to return it back.

I like your plan of action.....if I move from red, I will follow your lead. THANKS for sharing

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
mrGT said:
Milstang,

I talked to my dealer and he said "Can do". In fact they have already had a couple of Mustang GT's interior customized for customers. He said they prefer to replace all the seat leather instead of removing and resewing the inserts....puts a heavy toll on the seams to have stiches removed then replaced again. The upholstery shop says they can do the door panels too. Really slick.....THANKS for the idea. Couldn't get a price because the upholstery guy needs to look into getting the snake embossed and really wants to see the actual car, but he said he'll be in the ballpark by $50-100.
And you could probably just order the Snake insert piece direct from Ford, and have the rest stitched to that piece, keeping your original covers intact.
By the way, Milstang, that is the exact route I plan to take, have new custom covers (Black w/Gray inserts) put on, and keeping the originals under wraps. Good call.

Milstang

Established Member
crispy23c said:
And you could probably just order the Snake insert piece direct from Ford, and have the rest stitched to that piece, keeping your original covers intact.
By the way, Milstang, that is the exact route I plan to take, have new custom covers (Black w/Gray inserts) put on, and keeping the originals under wraps. Good call.

I can't wait to see the pics of your car when you get it!!

:rolling:

old ford guy

Established Member
Wow! You guys are thinking alot deeper than me. Make mine Black with no stripes and the red inserted seats will be fine. My deepest concern is a big enough down payment so I can keep my Terminater.

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
CobraRed01 said:
3920lbs ???!!! Double ouch.

Just for sake of arguement. The SRT-8 Charger and 300 both weigh over 4100 lbs. Both "only" have 425 HP, both are solid 12.9 cars. Supposedly there are some very good drivers have taken each to 12.5s BONE stock.

If a 4100+ pound car with 50 less HP and IRS can do that, there is NO reason the GT500 can't be knocking on the 11's bone stock.

broeli

Established Member
Anyone that claims a 12.5 with a bone stock ChargerSRT8 is full of crap. Even SRT8 guys know that it is a high 12 sec car at best with traction. Here is a decent discussion on the Charger forum comparing the SRT8 to the GTO with talk of 1/4 times.
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4972&highlight=track

I think the GT500 will be a tenth or two quicker than the 03/04's. With the added weight and worse aerodynamics, but bigger motor and more hp I think that is a reasonable prediction..11's stock isn't.

Users who are viewing this thread