Buying a leftover 2009 Z06

JUST TRY 03

Established Member
I recently was waiting to purchase the 100th anniversary corvette that comes out this summer, but i found a left over 2009 Z06 that i am leaning towards purchasing, what makes this car special is that its a GT1 edition and only 17 were built.

My only concern is buying a 3 year old car that has been sitting in the showroom or outside, would anyone else be nervous about this? im also concerend as to why the car is still sitting there? i would think that it wouldnt be that hard of a car to get rid of..maybe im just paranoid but seems a little odd to me.

Equalbracket

Established Member
Bet the price difference and the deal they would make you would more than makeup for whatever it doesn't have that the 100th does.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
The GT1 is hideous.

100 anniv edition looks amazing, love the suede inside and ZR1 splitter package. Just drive it off the lot straight to a good detail shop to get rid of all the swirls and stuff from cleaning the snow off.

JUST TRY 03

Established Member
The GT1 is hideous.

100 anniv edition looks amazing, love the suede inside and ZR1 splitter package. Just drive it off the lot straight to a good detail shop to get rid of all the swirls and stuff from cleaning the snow off.

ill agree with you that the 100th anniversary is a better looking car, (bit of a backstory here) but in 2004 Chevy built a limited edition Z06 that commerated the winning of Le Mans, and the GT1 edition is built for the same reason, i just thought it would be nice to have both of those special editions.

97gts

Established Member
man I would love to have my interior wrapped in leather like that. Anyone know who is really good at wrapping interior in leather? The 100 anniv edition is badass compared to the GT1

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
I recently was waiting to purchase the 100th anniversary corvette that comes out this summer, but i found a left over 2009 Z06 that i am leaning towards purchasing, what makes this car special is that its a GT1 edition and only 17 were built.

i am torn between the 100th ann. and the GT1 Z06, im leaning towards the GT1 because they only built 17 of them, and the 100th anniversary will be a unlimited production.

FYI...

GT1 Championship Edition (2009)

The GT1 Championship Edition is an option package for the C6 that was unveiled in the 2009 New York Auto Show. It celebrates the Corvette C6.R's entry into the GT1 class of ALMS in 2009. Its Based on Corvette Coupe 4LT, Convertible 4LT or Z06, it comes with same yellow body hue that adorns the C6.R or "41U" black, along with a "Jake" graphic that spans the Championship edition's hood. Chrome wheels and a body-colored spoiler pulled from the ZR1 join a "carbon pattern" engine cover, while inside a leather-wrapped ebony interior contains "GT1" embroidered on the seats, an instrument panel and a center console armrest. Non-Z06 models also include a Z51 Performance Package and NPP Performance exhaust.

100 units of each model (600 total) were built, each carrying a $7,840 premium over standard models.

U.M.

delvin.a

Established Member
man I would love to have my interior wrapped in leather like that. Anyone know who is really good at wrapping interior in leather? The 100 anniv edition is badass compared to the GT1

When you find em let me know, I've wanted to wrap up my dash for long tine, long, long, tine. Always thought an '86 type dash done in Lester and suede would be the tits.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
After seeing the pics of the GT1 that's the car for me. Very nicely done. The flat black looking finish of the 100th anni. addition just doesn't do it for me. Good luck either way.

Users who are viewing this thread