buying a mustang for the first time

dantheman91

Established Member
I am looking to buy a mustang to use every day and I can't decide. The options are an 03 Mach 1 with 14 thousand miles or an 05 GT with 50 thousand miles on it. I want to know which one will be the most reliable because I have to keep it for a long time

divided

Established Member
Um way to vague of a question without enough info. Id say get the newer car if you're worried. But of course it depends on how the car was maintained. Those 14K miles could be 1/2 track days for all you know.

dantheman91

Established Member
I want a car that will last me a long time so what is more important lower millage or a newer year. I can figure out if it has been tracked so that is out of the equation

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
What are your intentions with the car?

Daily driver, how far is your commute if you have one ?

Do you plan on tracking it, or showing it ?

Do you plan on keeping it stock or do you want to mod it ?

Etc, etc. etc...

dantheman91

Established Member
My commute to school and work is not very far and next year I am going to college so I will not be driving a lot .I am not doing anything to modify the car and it probably will not see the track

TorchMach

Established Member
Get the 05 gt. However if it's just going to be a daily driver and your not going to mod it. I would suggest maybe a Mini or a different Ford. At least your sticking with a American car lol.

chinchilla

Established Member
I believe mach 1's are a low-mid 13 second car and the gt is a mid-high 13 second car, so mach 1 by a little bit

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
I am looking to buy a mustang to use every day and I can't decide. The options are an 03 Mach 1 with 14 thousand miles or an 05 GT with 50 thousand miles on it. I want to know which one will be the most reliable because I have to keep it for a long time

RedDemon91's second account lol his name is danny so this seems a bit awkward

boolean

Banned
Get the mach one and just take care of it, oil change every 4000 miles and it will last, and parts are cheap!

Users who are viewing this thread