Buying a used Raptor advice

nxhappy

Established Member
so the carfax isn't clean, and they are trying to pressure you ? **** that man. something isn't right.

look for one with NO accidents, low mileage, one owner, stock. Yeah it will cost more, but ya gotta pay to play.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Just do your research like any other vehicle. It's a great time to be a car buyer because there is a plethora of information on common issues, recalls, TSB, and quirks for most vehicles sold. This is ESPECIALLY true with performance vehicles...there are numerous F-150 forums and specific Raptor forums. Always demand a Carfax/Autocheck and make sure you're up one side and down the other of that truck, nitpick everything and get the best deal possible. Personally, I'd stay away from the 5.4, that's for sure. I think it's easier to buy a quality vehicle now more then ever, JMHO.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
There are 3 kinds of used Raptors,
Mall crawlers, enthusiast owned (car shows), off road toys.
That one seems to fall into the last category.
Its got some oddball things done to it.
If you really want one, try to buy private sale from original owner, unless you KNOW THE DEALER well enough to trust.

Equalbracket

Established Member
I wasn't shopping for one or any vehicle, I love my 14 f250 but this one just caught my eye, I want extended cab 6.2 white with black graphics. I would of got rid of all the tasteless stuff. I'm not up to date with raptors so the little things I instantly see on mustangs don't look abnormal.

The fender wells had been rhino Lined and that stuff was beat to hell. This thing was used hard. The guy also traded in a jeep with a salvage title and they got screwed badly.

I was told today it was repaired. At a dealership then within a month he got rid of it, all red flags oh well. I don't want an 8 year old vehicle anyway. But I don't want to spend 55k either, but that test drive gave me the itch, just like my cobras. Maybe I can control myself this time.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
I'd make a point to talk to the owner of the dealership if I got treated like that. That crew is going to cost that dealer tons of return customers.

Equalbracket

Established Member
They knew the Jeep was a salvage, right? Or they didn't and that's how they got screwed?

They took the jeep in on trade on good faith as this guy owns a decent size jewelry store in town and has bought plenty of vehicles there, apparently never told them it was salvage and he traded both vehicles in, and mailed them the title lol. I know of the guy hes a real jackass so its their fault, i'm just glad I didnt buy his junk. Only reason I didnt go ahead and get it is because of what I learned in the midst of the deal.

I've bought 4 brand new vehicles since '11 from them and a 5th from the dealers chevy store, and as well as recommended them heavily to people I knew which resulted in 5 more new vehicles sold in the past 4 years.

Their service department is about as shady and crooked as you can get, I only buy there because my friend is fleet sales manager and I dont get any bs. It's a pretty decent size dealership theyre all over Texas.

And the particular salesman I delt with is a Marine so as much as it pissed me off I don't want to cost a vet a job, as I didn't lose anything but a few hours on a Saturday.

LOL Googling the vin gives info I didnt intend to share but oh well. This is funny tho

Come test drive this 2010 Ford F-150. This 4 door, 5 passenger truck just recently passed the 60,000 mile mark! Smooth gearshifts are achieved thanks to the powerful 8 cylinder engine, and for added security, dynamic Stability Control supplements the drivetrain. Four wheel drive allows you to go places you've only imagined. Comfort and convenience were prioritized within, evidenced by amenities such as: 1-touch window functionality, variably intermittent wipers, a leather steering wheel, a rear step bumper, front bucket seats, an overhead console, and remote keyless entry. In the event of a rollover collision, side curtain airbags provide additional protection for outboard seated passengers. It also arrives with a Carfax history report, providing you peace of mind with detailed information. We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service. Please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Equalbracket

Established Member
12/05/2013 Damage Report Accident reported
Involving undercarriage impact
Undercarriage was not damaged
with another motor vehicle
Airbags did not deploy

01/03/2014 39,640 Dealer Inventory Vehicle offered for sale

That says enough right there.

Users who are viewing this thread