Buying cobra/retuning for octane help.

MNFord

Established Member
Hey Guys, thinking about picking up a modded Cobra soon here.

But seeing as how most of you guys tune for 93 octane...and we only have 92 readily available up here.

what all will I need to do to get most of the cars set up right to come off of there high octane diet?

and any idea's on how to buffer until I do? Octane boosters etc?

I'll also need to find a good tuner in the MN area if anyone knows one, shoot me a line

03 Whippled Cobra

Established Member
Hey Guys, thinking about picking up a modded Cobra soon here.

But seeing as how most of you guys tune for 93 octane...and we only have 92 readily available up here.

what all will I need to do to get most of the cars set up right to come off of there high octane diet?

and any idea's on how to buffer until I do? Octane boosters etc?

I'll also need to find a good tuner in the MN area if anyone knows one, shoot me a line

You could always just back a degree or two of timing out of the tune to be safe on your 92 octane. If you don't want to play with the tune just get yourself some Torco and add one can of Torco to each fill up and it should bring your 92 octane up to about 95-96.

Don't know a tuner near you but if you research there are a lot of tuners out there that offer some good mail order tunes to get you started in the right direction.

MNFord

Established Member
How much does Torco run a per tank of fuel? or per can w/e they sell it in.

hmm, not a horrible idea getting a canned tune in the mean time but Id rather run torco and retune it, sounds like the best idea..

now i just have to find where i can get some...

is it tested? i've heard good and bad about it TBH

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Torco may not be available near you therefore you may need to order it online. You can run 92 for as long as you want and be fine as long as you don't beat on it, until you get a retune.

I run NOS octane booster in mine when I can't put Race in it, it is the next best thing to Torco.

Josh

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Find out what's in the tune first! Then worry if it's to high. Take it to a dyno and make 2 or 3 pulls to double check what the previous owner told you.

03 Whippled Cobra

Established Member
^^I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.:lol:

Haha, I agree. We don't know what the tune is like at this point. Find out what it is first. If you don't have a means to do that just back some timing out of it and stay out of a WOT situation and you should be fine. You could always order a 6 pack of Torco just in case. It might be nice to have the Torco in the future if you want to get a little agressive on the streets anyway.

Mike

MNFord

Established Member
wheres the best place to order some Torco from? would love to be able to buy it and not F with shipping it, makes a tank of gas a whole lot more expensive lol.

Users who are viewing this thread