Buying out of state (900 miles) break in question.

12gt500

Established Member
So I am buying my gt500 900 miles from home, do you think it will be ok to drive straight home? Being a new engine ?

robvas

Established Member
Pretend you have a Tesla and stop every 250 miles

12gt500

Established Member
I thought of stopping every 50-100 miles for the first 300 or so miles. You guys think the constant hwy speed will be bad for it ?

DaBigBone

Established Member
You'll be fine. I'd just avoid running it to red line right off the bat

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I thought of stopping every 50-100 miles for the first 300 or so miles. You guys think the constant hwy speed will be bad for it ?
You'll be stopping every ~190 miles or so for gas anyway (unless you drive like you're in the Pride 500).

Bought mine in Missouri and drove it 16hrs straight from the dealer to my home in NY. No problemo. Car was begging for more.

12gt500

Established Member
You'll be stopping every ~190 miles or so for gas anyway (unless you drive like you're in the Pride 500).

Bought mine in Missouri and drove it 16hrs straight from the dealer to my home in NY. No problemo. Car was begging for more.
Lol I guess they are thirsty.

12gt500

Established Member
How long are you wanting it to make the power for?
We’ll eventually I want to go fbo on e85, but in the effort to keep my wife from chopping my balls off, I’m trying to see what it will on 93. Lol.

I never really track the car, I just like “spirited driving”

So I guess the short answer is as long as I can ‍♂️

JAJ

Rapidly Losing Interest
Established Member
So I am buying my gt500 900 miles from home, do you think it will be ok to drive straight home? Being a new engine ?
So the engine is important, but so's the driveline. Changing speed along the way will keep the diff and gearbox from developing problems. Speed up and slow down, of if you can't do that, then speed up and speed up even more along the way. Constant speed is a killer for the gearboxes.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I wouldn't be worried about just as mentioned - vary speed and or drop a gear here and there so it has a little more range of RPM during the trip

Users who are viewing this thread