C5 Vette goes down

slowtealz28

Established Member
My vette went 13.31@106 stock, and 13.04@108mph with the vararam/catback only. I would think at highway speeds he would have walked you decently, especially since you have an auto. However, when I had my intake/catback 96 LT1, I ran into a vert C5 and we both were on it, and I was right on his ass. He obviously couldn't drive. A few months later I ran into him again and he had at least exhaust, and he picked up a few car lengths on me.

ColeTrain'sC5

Corvette Fan:)
Established Member
This i know too because i had a fairway green Vert C5 run into my '96 Z28 that was intake,full exhaust, geared(3.73's w/M6) and was dead even with him from a 50 roll until about 95 or so where he started to creep away where we cut off at 110 and i was about 4 feet off his bumper. Anything can happen on the street.

Mockingbird

I street Race
Established Member
that sounds legit, Good Kill. Its funny how overpriced cars always end up getting worked, in my opinion...why buy a high priced car with mediocre performace when you can build one for much cheaper.

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
This just goes to show you anything can happen on the street. If I had a stall I would have raped him....

Probably just a typical mid life crisis douche that can't drive and still thinks his Corvette is the end all be all

[ disclaimer: not all Vette owners are douches or going through a mid life crisis ]

Mockingbird

I street Race
Established Member
ha ha, well as you were explaining your cars and automatic correct...ive seen some automatics rip vettes apart... a prime example would be when i was browsing the internet last night and my son told me i should check out some stuff from mafiaracing aka that character called mofobucs...his cobra raced a hellion turbo charged 2000 gt t-76 turbonetics turbo built 5.4 l v8 and a 3800 stall converter and got worked. I thought it was pretty impressive because that cobra with just bolt ons and a ported blower on 15 lbs was working gsxr 750s and stuff. Just something to keep in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread