C5 Vette goes down

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
I was heading to my girls house. As I was heading onto the freeway I noticed a C5 Vette behind me. He accelerated and tried to pass me but I stopped his pull.

I slowed down to get next to him and as I did he just took off. I waited again and knew he wouldn't let me honk it off. He was about a 1/2 -3/4 car ahead of me and got the hit.

I punched it, stopped his pull and started passing him quickly. Once I was a 1/2 car or so ahead he let off and got off the freeway. He must have been mad.

I wanted to give him a thumbs up but he decided to be a baby. It sounded like he had full ehaust and was a M6.

Just another Vette driver giving their car a bad name LOL

Last edited:

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Damn if it was a full exhaust 6speed car and you pulled ahead of him from behind like that on the freeway he was definitely doing something wrong. Good kill anyway though, we all know half those Vette guys dont know what their doing ;)

JoePac

Established Member
I was heading to my girls house. As I was heading onto the freeway I noticed a C5 Vette behind me. He accelerated and tried to pass me but I stopped his pull.

I slowed down to get next to him and as I did he just took off. I waited again and knew he wouldn't let me honk it off. He was about a 1/2 -3/4 car ahead of me and got the hit.

I punched it, stopped his pull and started passing him quickly. Once I was a 1/2 car or so ahead he let off and got off the freeway. He must have been mad.

I wanted to give him a thumbs up but he decided to be a baby. It sounded like he had full ehaust and was a M6.

Just another Vette driver giving their car a bad name LOL

:bs:

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
Damn if it was a full exhaust 6speed car and you pulled ahead of him from behind like that on the freeway he was definitely doing something wrong. Good kill anyway though, we all know half those Vette guys dont know what their doing ;)

It could have been CB only, the car was decently loud though

Yea ok.....:lol: I don't need to come one here and lie about kill stories...

Besides it was on a C5 Vette not a C5Z06....

ColeTrain'sC5

Corvette Fan:)
Established Member
i'm slightly skeptical of this kill although anything can happen on the street. Only reason is when my Vette was axle back and intake only i could put the beat down on a lid, full exhaust tuned Z28 with little effort. i'm not saying i raped them but didn't have any issues pulling away. But like said, he maybe didn't know wtf was goin' on:D haha good kill either way;)
P.S. my Vette has B&B Bullets and was LOUD even when stock. axle back on the Vette's only nets them a sound difference. No real performance add. like i said anything can happen on the street.

Last edited:

JoePac

Established Member

Yea ok.....:lol: I don't need to come one here and lie about kill stories...

Besides it was on a C5 Vette not a C5Z06....

I know:lol: I was just playing!!! Those c5's make like what 290ish rwhp?

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member

That sounds more likely given the outcome. Its pretty easy to compare my car to yours as they are similarily modded, and I know I have trouble with any full exhaust M6 LS1 from a roll. If I was behind a C5 with those mods and punched it after he got the hit I would be lucky to pull even with it much less pass him. FWIW my friends old 02 Z06 was very throaty even for a stock car. So just a catback or axleback would have made it loud. And a 98 C5 I used to detail had a Borla catback and it was pretty loud also.

Riceater52910

Established Member
Ya Vettes put down less power than f bodies due to their independant rear suspension, but they make up for it with the weight difference. Still not much quicker though, maybe a couple of tenths quicker if that.

MrMeowMeow

Established Member
Anyone who thinks a lightly modded C5 is untouchable has issues. The angriest I ever made someone was when I raced a stock C5 driven by a mid-30's d-bag in my 98 Z28 with a cam, LT's, and a lid and raped him pretty hard. He was really really angry, I guess the guy who sold it to him said he couldn't lose in it or something???

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
Good kill. You know Vette owners don't like losing to their cousin F-Bods. He's probably saying "Vettes are still first in line in this family":-D

ColeTrain'sC5

Corvette Fan:)
Established Member
oh man i KNOW there are F-bodies, locally especially, that would blow my Vette's doors off. MOST cases the Vette will pull out a win if similarily modded to a f-body. Stock C5 vs. modded F-body and the Vette will get beat. Did you talk with the driver and see what other mods he had?

Last edited:

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
No because he decided to be a baby and quickly got off of the freeway. I'm not as familiar with Vettes as Fbodies so it's possible he only had a CB.

I was honestly surprised I pulled. He was definately on the gas as I was pulling him

Users who are viewing this thread