C5Z dyno angle

PilledV8s

Established Member
I came across this video and I was just baffled. Is it safe to dyno a car angled like this?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vjnS_nAV54"]YouTube - C5 Z06 Dyno (Outside View)[/ame]

VEE EIGHT

Banned
If the car is strapped down (which it should) and even has blocks in front.....I dont see how it isnt unsafe.

PilledV8s

Established Member
If the car is strapped down (which it should) and even has blocks in front.....I dont see how it isnt unsafe.

I was just wondering, because all the motor oil is aggreated at the foremost part of the pan, negating oil distribution to the rear of the crankshaft and bearings

untchabl

F8LSNAKE
Established Member
We dynoed cars like that sometimes at my old shop. Never had a problem doing it that way, but we had another set of ramps made that elevated the car so that you drove over the dyno and the car sat level. Every FWD car we dynoed was done on an angle like that, albeit the car was facing the other direction...lol.

makevelie187

Established Member
for what short period of time its up there and the actual pull is only seconds i don't think it will matter, but for some reason if it was a long time then i'd bet it could be.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well, I would NEVER let anyone dyno my car like that. Do it right or don't do it at all. JMO.

SRNA

Established Member
I would do it. For the same reason that guys used to spin bearings on crotch rockets riding wheelies. The oil pooled and lost oil pressure to the dependant areas. Doesnt seem like a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread