C6 or new 5.0

JpL4K3

Established Member
D08D2071-898E-4B16-BC34-6D8ABCB3A9A8.jpeg

Purchased in June, did heads and cam within 2 weeks of ownership. The Mustangs are sold and out of my life.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
one of 717 total, 359 convertibles made in 2005 that was Monterey Metallic Red, which was a 2006 color added at the tail end of production. The only bad thing was there was big blind spots when the roof was up and the small rear window didn't allow you to see past it. But yes a coupe is the way to go when dealing with C6 vettes. as you have over 24 cubic feet of storage space vs the 11 for the convertible and it's trunk but it goes past 13 if you have the roof up.

Attachments

• IMG_0942.JPG
    IMG_0942.JPG
    299.6 KB · Views: 50

Silverstrike

Established Member
What makes the C6 better than the C7? Just easier to work on?
Price for value most C6's are anywhere from ultra low 20,000 to 40,000 most C7's are 40,000 on up and the Z06 and ZR1's are real close to 70,000 to well over MSRP for the ZR-1 C7. last one I seen for sale was $145,000 with 5,700 miles on the clock

Silverstrike

Established Member
Any reason other than price?
Price and parts are a little cheaper due to the LS-2 and 3 being used for a lot of other vehicles like the GTO, G-8 and Camaro's and my SS over the LT-1 base engine (C7) where I think Cadillac was it for that engine. So you got a lot more options for spares and performance type stuff.

Unless you get a rare C7 like my dad had a 2015 Callaway SC 627. Think Z06 but with a stock C7 chassie, yes the rear had a tendancy to wiggle even with TC engaged!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1012.JPG
    IMG_1012.JPG
    396.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1007.JPG
    IMG_1007.JPG
    282.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1028.JPG
    IMG_1028.JPG
    252 KB · Views: 47

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
HCI C6Z is the correct answer. Anything else is a lie or innuendo.
^This all day everyday and twice on Sundays.

-You've already been down the Mustang road several times.
-You've already had an 11-sec 5.0 car too.
-If you want a car you can drive (you must since you want a manual trans; I like your style), keep in mind the newer the car the more nannies come with to ruin the experience. You'll spend 5min trying to turn all that garbage off every time you get in the car.
-Go for the Z over the GS. The Z is already legendary for obvious reasons. This car will be a toy. Capitalize on the exclusivity factor to put a cherry on top.
-Ask yourself: Which car is more likely to take you from 6:00 to 12:00 when you hear it idling in your garage after a cold start? No brainer. You may need an ice pack on standby.

I better quit before I talk myself into buying one. lol

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
What makes the C6 better than the C7? Just easier to work on?

The LS7 is in a category of its own. It is a throwback to the l88.

c6z is a very special car. The balance is what strikes me. The motor, chassis, and brakes are all well matched. A HCI z06 is capable far beyond the capability of most drivers.

Many think that the c6 is a more authentic experience. It has fewer nannys and is lighter.

Many think the c6 is the last "true" corvette. This is subjective.

The c6 has LS series motors. C7 is LT series. If you want to make power the LS is a far better option IMO. If you are budget constrained LS is objectively superior.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Many think the c6 is the last "true" corvette. This is subjective.
I'd agree with this.

C7, while still a very potent performer, loses the more classic Corvette styling. To me, C7s look kinda like the Batmobile. Sorry Bob. haha C8 only shares the Corvette nameplate.

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
I vote C6Z all the way. These are the last truly analog corvettes ever produced and they seem to be holding their value well. The C6 isn't over burdened with tech or gadgets. They are lightweight, simple and pretty reliable. The LS7 is probably the pinnacle of factory naturally aspirated pushrod engines. All the other cool stuff: manual trans only, aluminum frame, dry sump, lightweighting everywhere, monster brakes and wheels, etc. I think the styling will age well too, it's not over the top like the C7 and C8. I'm definitely looking to add one in future as well (low mile, unmolested example that gets exercised on nice weekends).

ATX5.0

Established Member
^This all day everyday and twice on Sundays.

-You've already been down the Mustang road several times.
-You've already had an 11-sec 5.0 car too.
-If you want a car you can drive (you must since you want a manual trans; I like your style), keep in mind the newer the car the more nannies come with to ruin the experience. You'll spend 5min trying to turn all that garbage off every time you get in the car.
-Go for the Z over the GS. The Z is already legendary for obvious reasons. This car will be a toy. Capitalize on the exclusivity factor to put a cherry on top.
-Ask yourself: Which car is more likely to take you from 6:00 to 12:00 when you hear it idling in your garage after a cold start? No brainer. You may need an ice pack on standby.

I better quit before I talk myself into buying one. lol
Very valid points. After getting feedback , I am no longer considering the 5.0.. like you said, been there done that. There’s a couple c6z FS near by that I may check out. I’ll test drive and make my best judgement call.

Users who are viewing this thread