C6 Vette guys smoking crack, funny stuff

jguerrero

Established Member
(Disclaimer------- I am not a Chevy hater, in addition to my 03 Cobra, I owned a 01 Camaro SS and my wife has a 04 Pontiac GT0), and I originally sold my Cobra to buy a C6 until I got pissed off with all the constraints on the car, so I am totally unbiased)

I have been reading a lot of other car type forums and getting their response to the new Cobra, for the most part it is very good, they like the car. The vette people are funny though. Common responses, 'they need to put a blower on their to make power' ' its still a Ford' 'Its no Vett', 'poor mans ride' from from inbred idiots than drive around in 80's and early 90's vettes that retail at 8 grand on a good day.

Arguments that I am seeing pop up:

1)The argument that gets me the most from the Chevy guys is, 'take that blower off that car and it only make 300 hp'', lol, no shit, you see the compression its running compared to your LS2 and LS6's.

2)'It only puts out 450 hp' out of 5.4 supercharged engine, a LS2 would put out 600'., wow is all I can say.If they think that this car will not put out 500 crank easy on a severely detuned and corked up engine they are smoking even more crack. Didnt they see what the 03 Cobras did? Oh wait they still think they only run high 13's at the track and cant touch a C5.

3) 'That car will not hold a candle to the wind on a new C6 vette, let alone a Z06 in straight line or handling. I see the Z06 smoking the new Cobra stock( until the pulleys and tunes come in at least :coolman: ), but the standard C6, they are putting out slower times than the C5 vette did. Hell the stock 03 Cobra is faster straight line than the C6,lol. As far as handling, are they aware that the current platform won first and second place in GrandAM racing against the best of Germany and Japan? Ask them how they like those leaf springs in the back.

4) 'Only people that would buy that car are poor people that cant afford a vette'. Ya the estimated base of the 40k Cobra is so far off the 44k base price of a C6 vette :idea: . And to make a higher end car, Chevy will have to offer the Z06 at 60+k to outrun the GT500. I forgot only vette people have money. The GT500 is just as good looking, will have the same quality as Chevy (Ive been in the C6s alot as I was goign to buy one, and its not all that beleive me)

5) And to top it all, 'You should not compare the GT500 to the standard C6, compare it to the Z06 since its a special model and has a supercharger'. First we will have to note the 20-30k price difference form the GT500 and the CObra, and second, are we admitting that Cobra is better than the standard C6 vette. That statement has just proved what Ford/SVT had been planning all along, the Cobra to take out the vette, screw the GTO, they went straight to the the top and killed it. And the 190,000 GT and V6 mustangs that will be out on the road is only more proof that Ford must be doing it right.

...and the list goes on and on, there are some good people on those boards too, that have good inputs, but most of them are just idiots. Do you feel fear in the air?

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
go figure. what do you expect? chevy vs ford is the biggest rivalry in the industry(although that is a controversial issue in it self) and everyone seems to take sides. im not really surprised how hard it is to find unbiased people. you should also mention to them that the stang' isnt really a competitor with the vet', its only competitor is really the GTO and everyone knows that the GTO really is a goat(and not like the old goat either). o well, even when it comes out their still gonna be talking about how bad of a car it is.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Don't even bother dude. The best thing you can do is ignore them and continue to whip their ass at the track.

I won't pretend the C6 Vette isn't a better overall car in many respects, but most of these clown asses that argue "wait until the turns dur dur dur ferd" have never seen a corner more extreme than the entrance to dairy queen.

They have a very hard time accepting that there are stock mustangs faster than their car. I personally, like anything that's fast.

CobraZb

Blown Cobra *****
Established Member
We do the same thing to them on this web site. Both cars are hot. I am just glad that in the country we have the oppertunity to have both.

jguerrero

Established Member
I think we do the same to their vettes, but at least we state facts not hillbilly LojiK.. I personally think the C6's are hot, but in overall performace to the GT500 I will be very interested to see.

1)straightline for Cobra for sure
2)looks are subjective, both are very nice
3)handling with the edge probaly to the C6, although I dont think it will be that far off. The new Mustangs can be made into a great handling car from what Ive been reading.
4) Quality, the new Mustang just one best quality car of the year. Should answer questions there, and the Cobra will have much better interior.
5) Ford wont be owned by Toyota in 5 years, thats a joke. Unless they dont get rid of Lutz. :kaboom:

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
They won't have much to bitch about when the car actually comes out. Pulley + Tune = Bye Bye C6 Z06, even with bolt-ons.

CompOrange04

Just livin the dream...
Established Member
the Chebby guys are just jealous they got caught with their ****s in their hands when Ford decided to build a small block and blow it for much $$$ under a 427 cubic inch all aluminum block. I mean yeah the debate goes on and on if they supercharge a 427 hell yeah it will demolish our cars but can you put it to the ground??? I think our cars have more of a capability to put the power to the ground with mods than the light assed z06. Just my $.02

96SVT_2_NV

Established Member
GT500 v C6 Z06 should be a good rivalry

I just wana see what Dodge does to the Viper after both these cars will run with it for 20-40K cheaper

jguerrero

Established Member
96SVT_2_NV said:
GT500 v C6 Z06 should be a good rivalry

I just wana see what Dodge does to the Viper after both these cars will run with it for 20-40K cheaper

They'll put a hemi in it, lol.

jimwood

Established Member
My prediction with the piss poor design and lagging sales, corvette gets redesigned in two years or gets discontinued altogether. GM is hurting bad. They cant afford to carry a line that doesnt make money. GM just changed the steering wheel of the C6, if it was selling well that wouldnt have happened. Plus every chevy dealer is packed to the gills with the C6. Let them say what they want. The new Shelby will beat them on the track and the strip, with some aftermarket parts of course and a pulley. But hell you still have 20k left over and are driving a much rarer vehicle: 35k vettes/year to 5k shelbys.

jguerrero

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
7500 GT500s per year, not that it changes anything.

Im thinking it will be about 8-10,000 units built by the ned of it. If the car is 40k, there are going to be alot of peopel, Ford and Chevy die hards that will buy it. Ford has a quote that they will build as many as they need. If there are only 7500 it will be a problem getting one at a decent price. I hope they ,ake a lot. I could care less if its worth a lot in 20 years.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Without a doubt the GT500 will beat the C6 on the strip, but I predict it will be close on the road course with the advantage probably slighly to vette. Much lighter, lower center of gravity, better weight dist, bigger tires and better suspension vs. much more power. Hell, to even be comparing a Mustang to a Vette on the road course is awesome when they really are not in the same class IMO.

GTO_Scott

Established Member
The 2006 Z06 will be out fall 2005. The 2007 Cobra/Shelby will be out fall 2006. Perhaps this will help push GM in release something a bit more for the 2007 model year?

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Who cares if it's rare, I want one for a resonable price. It will be my daily driver.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
in the early days shelby did not build anything to finish in second place. with the new mustang it looks like he has gone back to that philosophy. i hope ford does the smart thing and builds the concept cobra instead of the gr-1. :beer:

stangfreak

Established Member
let the chevy guys have there fun now. when the light drops the bs stops. nough said. if the new cobra is responsive like the 03/04 cobras were with bolt ons, heh, watch out chebby. then throw a fuggin pulley with a tune? BYE!!!!

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
stangfreak said:
let the chevy guys have there fun now. when the light drops the bs stops. nough said. if the new cobra is responsive like the 03/04 cobras were with bolt ons, heh, watch out chebby. then throw a fuggin pulley with a tune? BYE!!!!

Yeah good points, but what happens when the Z06 guys says I'll give it a 200 shot then bye bye. It's a never ending argument

Users who are viewing this thread