C6 Video

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
I just don't like the look of that......looks like a volvo wagon ran up the ass of a viper. I'm sure it's quick, but it seems to lack personality.........no sound, the body is far from aggressive IMO, it doesn't have the traditional Vette/American headlights(European Flavor which doesn't appeal to me on American muscle), and it's jacked up like the new Mustangs. It just does not appeal to me like the pre-chassis Z06's do.........

Tru_Ice

Banned
Originally posted by cobraless
I thought the front end was an improvement. It looks beefier than the c5's front end. GM imo really needs to make some better car designs.. Can you imagine paying $40k-45k for a Chevy SSR that runs 15's from the factory? Sounds crappy to me.

pat

Not for long they're dropping LS2's in those things come next yr. It's gonna just be de-tuned b/c the general can't have ne vehicle get close to their presicious Corvette. But yeah it'll have about 385. (still heavy tho)

Tru_Ice

Banned
Originally posted by JD03Cobra
It's hard to see in the video but being from Michigan you would know that he had Manufacturers plates on that car. Doing a burnout or something stupid on video could have put him in some sort of trouble with his job at GM. He played it smart.

Yup, not good at all.

96redvette

god my car is slow
Established Member
Originally posted by Avenging Angel
I like the 06 Vettes A LOT! If that C6 will have 400 HP, the 06 ZO6's should be around 500 HP.
i too like the new vette, and espically its increase in interior quality. owning a c-4 i know just how bad GM's "flagship car" interiors can be, but this new vette has the quality of a bimmer or mercedes. i also heard they are working on a 427 inch 575hp viper eater motor for the z-06, not a 500 hp 6.0 liter. if that is true, the ford GT will start sweating, well mabye just on the straitaways, but c'mon, it costs more than twice that of the vette.

YouDontKnowMe

¿what?
Established Member
I think it sounded pretty good, but new vettes just dont sound as good as old ones. just wait for the new Z06.:rolling:

Mitch.Shea

Established Member
i hope that wasnt you sweetin the guys car. get off his nuts. im sure it fast and it sounded like crap. it is nice. i get attention of people asking me about my car.

Mullet

Established Member
As you can see on the plates, the big M stand for manufacturer, meaning the car is a test car for GM. It was dirty because that guy doesn't own it and doesnt care if its clean or not. Also, that most likely isnt a full production version and they may still be testing things such as the exhaust. And since when is reving your engine so the guy making the video can hear it ricey? Doing a burnout like a fat redneck seems more 'ricey' to me.

Ling_650vette

Quagmires Apprentice
Established Member
Originally posted by 96redvette
i also heard they are working on a 427 inch 575hp viper eater motor for the z-06, not a 500 hp 6.0 liter. if that is true, the ford GT will start sweating, well mabye just on the straitaways, but c'mon, it costs more than twice that of the vette.

"Blue Devil" is the name of the project, or @ least what some of the corvette forums have been talking about. Some ppl seem to think its the new Z06 while others think its just a flat out GT/Viper eater. We'll just have to wait and see. The rumors tho go as far as a 6.3L 3V OHV (2 intake, 1 exhaust) with about 500hp to a 427 CID around 600-750hp engine w/ the same 3V technology. Everything as to this point is just speculation tho.

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
looks like a C-5 with fixed(non-moving, not fixed as in better) headlights, diff. bumpers and a chopped off ass-end. WHO CARES! The change between the c-5 and c-6 is about the same amout of difference between the early L-98 c-4 and the late LT-1 c-4. Slight body change with a more powerful engine. DEF. not worthy of a whole new GENERATION. It should be considered a mid generation upgrade rather than a whole new one IMHO!!!

wrstdude

GM to Ford...
Established Member
Cool to see actually out and driving around-saw a couple at a car show, but not the same as in a parking lot

I don't know why you posted here...probably will have better luck at a corvette website as far as more "positive" comments go...

I might trade up later on...we'll see...always better to wait a couple years so they can fix what they mess up....ahem....01 Z06 @385....and...cough chough....cobra fiasco (extremely overrated hp output?)

raiders03

Banned
Looks like they sawed a Viper and a Ferrari in half and welded two of the halfs together. Sounded like shit though

Buymeavette

Established Member
everyone seems to be bashing this car....... wait till you see in person, maybe you won't like it then. but maybe when they smoke ya you will give up the respect. 405 horses for base model, z06 is not confirmed, and they are going to have a limited edition ZL1. this new gen vette will be something many have looked forward to.

2000-S6

Established Member
Originally posted by Avenging Angel
I like the 06 Vettes A LOT! If that C6 will have 400 HP, the 06 ZO6's should be around 500 HP.

Either case, I'll probably move to the darkside when that happens. :p

gm will change the rules of the game with this one...ROUGHLY today's z06 power in the common vette, not to mention the handling. it's good news. i too look forward to the new zo6!

KOOY

Established Member
Really like the c5 better.. with all my respect, I think the fixed headlights look like a Mazda Miata.

Users who are viewing this thread