C6 Z06 636rwhp NA Stock Shortblock

MTBSully

Established Member
Posted this in my build thread, but figured some who havent ventured in their might enjoy. Here is my 2008 z06 putting down 636rwhp NA. Ethanol sensor was reading E65. Also made 626 on 93 pump gas! Mods are:

WCCH Stage 2 Heads Milled .030
MSD Air Force Intake Ported by Tony Mamo
NW 102mm Throttle Body
Callaway Honker Intake
BTR Stage 4 Camshaft
2" ARH headers to 3" Borla ATAK
Flex Fuel sensor setup

Car is a blast!

And heres an idle clip of the first startup a month or so ago

Zemedici

Established Member
goddamn chris, not ****ing around are ya? Sounds and looks sick man. Congrats on the numbers. How's she pull compared to your 03/04 car?

MTBSully

Established Member
goddamn chris, not ****ing around are ya? Sounds and looks sick man. Congrats on the numbers. How's she pull compared to your 03/04 car?

Thanks! Cant really say yet, its been raining here and havent had a chance to get it out. Felt just as fast last year at 556rwhp though. Its about 1000lbs lighter haha.

Stage 4 cam huh, really not messing around are you?

Still gonna send it
ZJ6ZUPaveyfnIEgw.jpg

MTBSully

Established Member
Sadly, this thing would've probably gapped your Cobra from a roll.

They really are crazy. My buddy has a black 04 cobra coupe with a TVS that made 653 last year (cold day). With last years setup, i made 556 and still put lengths on him every single time. This year he is doing a 2.9 whipple and hoping for 700+. I dont think he'll have a chance with my new setup lol.

Do still miss my cobra though. I'll own another turbo one someday!

HandBanana

Established Member
They really are crazy. My buddy has a black 04 cobra coupe with a TVS that made 653 last year (cold day). With last years setup, i made 556 and still put lengths on him every single time. This year he is doing a 2.9 whipple and hoping for 700+. I dont think he'll have a chance with my new setup lol.

Do still miss my cobra though. I'll own another turbo one someday!

Lol, yeah we have several C6 Zs down here in the low 600 range on motor, 850-9 on n20 and they are beasts. The sad truth is Cobras are just getting left behind in the wake of new tech. I ran a 780whp 7675 Cobra when my Shelby was on stock boost and pump gas and I put a car on him. On E85, it was a buslength.

C6Z = ultimate highway queen (until you run into a GT-R lmao)

smitty2919

Established Member
Lol, yeah we have several C6 Zs down here in the low 600 range on motor, 850-9 on n20 and they are beasts. The sad truth is Cobras are just getting left behind in the wake of new tech. I ran a 780whp 7675 Cobra when my Shelby was on stock boost and pump gas and I put a car on him. On E85, it was a buslength.

C6Z = ultimate highway queen (until you run into a GT-R lmao)

IMO, it's not the "new technology" that is leaving the Cobras behind. A 04 Cobra to a 08Z is only 4 years. You can apply all the "tech" the OP did to a Cobra as the OP did to his Z. LS motor just seems more efficient design.

MTBSully

Established Member
IMO, it's not the "new technology" that is leaving the Cobras behind. A 04 Cobra to a 08Z is only 4 years. You can apply all the "tech" the OP did to a Cobra as the OP did to his Z. LS motor just seems more efficient design.

No joke got 32mpg on the way home from the dyno lol. Better than my daily driver 4 cylinder!

HandBanana

Established Member

Ehhh, many many arguments can be made about the efficiency of that little iron 4.6 vs an LSx motor. My good friend here in TN has a totally stock motor auto turbo cobra that only makes 771whp and runs 9.0xs @ 149. He WASTES even the nitrous C6 Zs here. The LS7 has some major design flaws but does very well with minimal mods. If you were wanting to push past the power limit where the OP is, I'd MUCH rather have an LS3 or better yet a 15+ coyote in a fox :cool:

fitforspeed

Established Member
A major part of the vettes advantage is it's probably 450 less pounds to lug around, it's superior aero, better suspension, brakes, paint, etc etc etc. Guess that's why the c6z cost twice as much. Gotta love that fuel mileage, no way my cobra will ever see 32 mpg. Vettes do have awesome performance!

jleews6

Established Member
Very impressive !!! My friend has a real similar combo as you, BTR4. MSD non ported, non pro ported heads with a 4l60 conversion he runs mid 9s @140.
Your car should really run good from a roll with the stick and more power.

Users who are viewing this thread