C6 Z06 = Big Smiles

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
Well, after last nights C5 Z06 race I've really been aching for a new Z06 to see how my car fares but most of the new Z06 owners will not race, or at least the ones I've come into contact with. Today it all changed . . .

I was going to a buddies house when I see a black C6 Z06 at the interection about to go the way I came from. Well, MMOB, I did a u-turn to wait it out to see if the Z06 would be game. I see him coming up swiftly and I'm in 4th just waiting and as he gets about 3 cars back from me, he hits it so I quick grab 3rd and go. He just gets past me but I stop his pull and we run up on a car so I tuck in behind. He actually flips his hazzards on me . . . I end up getting next to him at a light and I roll the window down. He says my car is pretty fast and I thank him and I told him I've never had a race with a new Z. He asks why and I tell him the owners would not race me . . . He says "I will!" Well I told him on green light we go. I get the rpms up to about 2500 and the light turns and we are off. I hook and go and I hear him chirp a few times but he's on his way. All I can tell is that but the top of 3rd I had 1.5 cars on him . . .

I slow and he gets next to me and I ask if he was on it and he replies hell yeah. He said the stability gave him a little flash on the 1-2 shift but otherwise he was full throttle. We do a 40 roll and on 3 honks we are off. He stays with me threw 2nd but once I hit 3rd it's pull time . . .

The last dig was good. I have about the launch but he has a better one then before and only falls to my rear fender threw 1st and on my 1-2 shift he noses to my door but after that it was a repeat from the first dig. I start the pull. We exchanged our waves and we were off . . .

Guy was very cool. He was about late 20s - early 30s so I'm not sure if it was his car or his dads but who cares! Good times! Oh, and I did all the runs without spray. Bottle is empty.

Bottle Baby

Established Member
Are you running 10's w/ N20? It's rare to see a super charged GTO running times warrenting the cost of the blower. Most that I've seen are running low 12's. Maybe it's just because they can't drive... Anyway, good job.

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
Bottle Baby said:
Are you running 10's w/ N20? It's rare to see a super charged GTO running times warrenting the cost of the blower. Most that I've seen are running low 12's. Maybe it's just because they can't drive... Anyway, good job.

11.20s w/o spray and 10.90s with a 50 shot. There is more in her but the day I ran my 10 sec run the prep was not so good and I had to leave the line soft, hence the 1.76 60ft. My 11.20s S/C run was a 1.72 60ft.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Badass man! I can't wait to get my car back and race one. I was at 500 rwhp before the blower upgrade and fuel :) So somewhere north of 600 is the target and I want to play with a new Z :)

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
StangJason said:
Only are tard flips his hazards after pulling a flyby so nice kill.

No joke. I was stunned that he did that but I think he was just busting balls a little. He was not a ricer by any means.

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
ExTurbo said:
nice kill doc, im still workin on beating stock C5 Z06's...lol i bet he was suprised!

Yep! The bolt-on C5Z06 I raced the night before was destroyed! He was blown away!

04gtstang

Established Member
Very nice kill indeed! They are just a TICK faster than my car from a rollon...they are no joke thats for sure! Its hard to believe a stock car runs like they do :)

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
04gtstang said:
Very nice kill indeed! They are just a TICK faster than my car from a rollon...they are no joke thats for sure! Its hard to believe a stock car runs like they do :)

Big power/low weight is a great combo.

Users who are viewing this thread