C6 Z06 goes down

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
There I was, cruising down the road listening to some tunes. It was a beautiful day here, temps in the low 50's (The Beast loves cold air) and sunny with lots of wind.

Anyways, I was just messing around when I noticed a Black Vette in my rearview. I could tell he was trying to catch up by the way he kept weaving in and out of traffic. At first I thought it was a regular C6 because it's hard to see that front hood scoop on a black Z06. As he got closer I noticed it was a Z06. I started getting psyched up because I knew he wanted to run by the way he caught up and just stayed next too me in low gear.

I looked over and gave him a head nod. I noticed he had a pretty good looking brunette in the passenger seat. They were both grinning ear to ear. I guess they weren't aware of the ass whoopin they were about to get.

We were at about 40mph and I downshifted to second gear. I looked over and the driver of the Z simply pointed straight ahead. How nice, he was giving me the jump.

I looked straight ahead and nailed it. A split second later the driver of the Z did the same. For a second he started a slight pull on me putting my front bumper about even with his back tire. Suddenly my boost gauge swung up to 18psi and I stopped his pull and pulled to where his front bumper was even with my back bumper. I power shifted into third and began my pull once more. I ended up with about 4 cars on him by the time we hit 120.

I got off the gas and let him catch up. They were both looking over like:eek: and I was like:-D We slowed down to sane speeds and I gave him a thumbs up. He just waved, smiled and pulled away. He ended up turning off about a mile ahead.

Over all a fun run with a rare car.

Jay G

Established Member
Yeah nice kill, I bet he told his chic lets kill this Cobra, boy were they scratching there heads after.

Droptop Snake

Resident Fuel Slut
Established Member
Yeah nice kill, I bet he told his chic lets kill this Cobra, boy were they scratching there heads after.

I get that a lot too. Stock wheels, quiet exhaust and 539rwhp leave a lot of people with the "WTF?" face.

Congrats. Awesome kill.

I tried to race a black one the other day with a 60 some year old lookin lady in it...... I got smashed.

:lol:

Last edited:

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
:bs: Mod list or I gotta raise the flag.

j/k :D I just wanna know what you're pimping since your boost gauge 'suddenly swung up to 18psi'. Or were you just sandbagging?

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Good kill.

So can you tell me on a scale of 1 to 10 how you like your Dynojet Wideband.

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
Good kill.

So can you tell me on a scale of 1 to 10 how you like your Dynojet Wideband.

I'd give it a 8. I like being able to datalog with it. I've had no problems with it what-so-ever. It's nice insurance to have when getting on the loud pedal. The only thing that I don't like is it's analog. Makes it kind of hard to see where the needle is at a glance. I kind of solved the problem by rotating the gauge so that 12 is straight up and down so, at a glance if I see the needle going past straight up I know to get off the gas.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread