C6 Z06 vs 03 KB Cobra

Slow Vette

Highway Junkie
Established Member
2.6 KB Cobra making 580rwhp vs me making whatever a Z06 with a K&N makes

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGhf_KxQlmY&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- SlowVette Vs Kenne Bell Cobra[/ame]

Last edited:

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
I'm calling bullshit on your mods or BS on the Cobra's power. My friend has a C6Z with header, intake, TUNE, and port intake and he is even with KB/Whipple Cobra's making 580-600.

Slow Vette

Highway Junkie
Established Member
I'm calling bullshit on your mods or BS on the Cobra's power. My friend has a C6Z with header, intake, TUNE, and port intake and he is even with KB/Whipple Cobra's making 580-600.

the owner of the cobra is on this site...you can hear how my car sounds, and it doesn't sound any different than any other Z06. im just as shock as you are about the outcome

Last edited:

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
no doubt z06s run good stock but to take a kb cobra like that.....hard to believe. Either something isnt running right with the cobra or your car has more mods.

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Eh...all depends on driver..tune...tires...etc... for the Cobra.....

I love those Ron Fellow's Z06 Vettes..I put those stripes on my 2008 Black Z06

z06_01.jpg

Slow Vette

Highway Junkie
Established Member
Eh...all depends on driver..tune...tires...etc... for the Cobra.....

I love those Ron Fellow's Z06 Vettes..I put those stripes on my 2008 Black Z06

z06_01.jpg

yeah i just saw the 2nd race again, and the cobra over revved the car. and wow your cars looks GREAT with those red strips. where did you get them?

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
I got mine through my connections with Kerbeck in Atlantic City

I just imagined how awesome on a Black Z06 they would look...and I lucked out ....got alot of attention

Last edited:

Ralo

Established Member
The cobra was putting down around 100 more hp than you car should. Usually I think it takes about 70 more for a cobra to hang but to lose that bad something wasn't right. Not saying this because I own a Cobra I like all cars.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Gotta love those C6Z's! They are badass cars. As for the KB Cobra, pretty embarrassing for those of us with KB Cobras. That definitely doesn't represent was a KB Cobra can really do.

slow vette - great kill.

BM1

Established Member
Nice kill - It's normal for nut swingers to say a KB Cobra isn't running right since they can never lose, so just ignore that shit. 600 WHP Mustangs aren't as fast as they were in 2003.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Nice kill - It's normal for nut swingers to say a KB Cobra isn't running right since they can never lose, so just ignore that shit. 600 WHP Mustangs aren't as fast as they were in 2003.

Sure they can lose, just like anything...but that Z06 isn't running 10.50's which is what a 600rwhp KB Cobra will run all day long on a drag radial.
Still, that's a really good kill for the Z06. Those cars are insane.

BM1

Established Member
Sure they can lose, just like anything...but that Z06 isn't running 10.50's which is what a 600rwhp KB Cobra will run all day long on a drag radial.
Still, that's a really good kill for the Z06. Those cars are insane.

This is what I'm talking about. A 600 WHP 3,700lb Mustang is not running 10.50s all day long if you put anyone other than an Evan Smith equivalent behind the wheel and cut sub 1.6 60' times.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
This is what I'm talking about. A 600 WHP 3,700lb Mustang is not running 10.50s all day long if you put anyone other than an Evan Smith equivalent behind the wheel and cut sub 1.6 60' times.

Listen guy, I own one. I know what they do. 3,700lbs? Mine is 3,400lbs.
You must not be able to drive. 1.6 60's are easy on a good drag radial.
You're on a website where there are a hell of a lot of guys running
10.50's with these cars. Do yourself a favor and educate yourself.
But believe whatever you like.

Slow Vette- great kill bro. Have fun dealing with some of these morons. I'm out.

Last edited:

GTRdone

Established Member
Nice kill for the Z06. I had one for two years with a K&N only and it put dow 476/448 on a dynojet STD. My car ran strong for what it was but to walk a KB Cobra THAT bad was curious. Don't get me wrong, a Z06 with intake will pull on it, but not like that.

My vid of me with my C6 Z06 K&N with me (165lbs) and my friend (280lbs) with a little over a half a tank in my car against a ported 03 putting down 510/520 same day same dyno, the Cobra with a half tank and two 160 lb guys in it.... don't mean to hijack, just somewhat benchmark the Z06 with an intake.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mKs9X42W6g"]YouTube- Ported 03 Cobra Racing[/ame]

either way, nice runs and strong Z you have there.

Users who are viewing this thread