C6Z06 Bone-Stock on Stock Tires--11.34 at 127.13

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
Ranger said:
Spur of the moment this afternoon, decided to try to make some passes at Cecil County Dragway in Rising Sun, Maryland. Their version of Friday Night Non-Street Racing. So lot of cars, mainly young drivers. Crowd was about 150 cars racing and 500 more spectators.

Weather was around 50 degrees and it had been cloudy all day and threatening showers, that never materialized. I measured the DA on my first run at a positive 100 feet.

Track official warned me during Tech Inspection that the 11.50 rule would be enforced; guess the C6Z06 rep is getting around. I walked both lanes to the 660' traps and found the base rubber was decent but devoid of any VHT-stickiness. So I expected modest traction and adjusted accordingly.

I ran the car bone-stock on stock tires. Zero mods. Front tires were at 30 psi and the rears I set to 27 psi. Cooled the car for 45 minutes after the two-hour trip thru Friday traffic. Hit the staging lights at about 185 degrees (H2O).

Here are the slip times on the best of two passes:

60'........1.853 (launch rpm 3000 with a fast release and progressive throttle squeeze)
330'......4.964
660'......7.461 @ 100.52
1000'.....9.569
1320'...11.345 @ 127.13

I had a significant amount of wheel spin on the 1-2 shift but much less on the 2-3 and 3-4. And managed to get the shift points very close to 7000, which was my target. Did some lift on the shifts but they were very fast. Been practicing that every day.

Believe with some better traction on the 1-2 shift there is room for improvement, same for the 60'. But tonight it felt pretty good and my shifts were better than on the previous 12 passes in the car.

Tried a second pass before heading home for dinner. 11.50 @ 127.14. Unfortunately, got too aggressive with the throttle and spun the launch to a 2.03 60'. Rest of the run was fine.

No warning. No boot. Cecil is still open for me.

All in all, a good evening of non-street racing.

Best to all,

Ranger

'02 Z06
Bone Stock, Stock Tires:.......11.81 117.26 1.78 60'
Just Halltech Tric CAI & DRs:.11.52 120.21 1.64 60'

'01 Z06
Just Halltech Tric CAI & DRs:..11.94 116.65 1.83 60'

---------------------------------------------------

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=475823&page=1&pp=40

StangJason

Established Member
The internet is so full of :bs:

Wow anyone can come online and say their bonestock x brand car ran a 11.0 1/4 mile :shrug:

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
StangJason said:

Wow anyone can come online and say their bonestock x brand car ran a 11.0 1/4 mile :shrug:
You just sound either:

a) jealous
b) full of crap
c) both

:lol1:

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
All I got to say is impressive!! :bowdown: For the price you can get this car and run low 11's stock is awesome!! Hopefully I'll have a 11 sec car someday. Still stuck in the 14's :(

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
StangJason said:

LMAO You have no clue what you're talking about. Check out the corvette boards and you'll see that Ranger doesn't BS. Don't be jealous, just say good run, or nothing at all, instead of making yourself look stupid. :thumbsup:

Oh, and the new Z's rock! :rockon:

C6 Z06

Established Member
Thanks Dave for the support. It's true that most people don't believe, or don't want to, what the new Z is capable of "out of the box". It also seems to be the norm for alot of new cars coming out such as the new GT 500. That is untill the insurance companies get involved again!

Ranger does not BS. He does spend alot of time at the strip, but he can only get what the car is capable of. 11's are easy with the Z and it should hit high 10's with DR's with some seat time. I have been running low 11's @ 130 with clutch problems (being replaced next week by GM) and with the few mods I have it will hit 10's even with the bad driver mod..............me. :-D :beer:

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
They are deff a fast ride of the lot, that's for damn sure. And that man Ranger, sounds like he knows what he is doing.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Ranger is far, far, far, far, far, far, far outside the norm of what most people will be capable of with the new Z06, or any car for that matter. He gets ridiculously good times because he makes it a science.

We're talking about a guy who put 250+ passes on his C5 Z06 with detailed notes and techniques in efforts to ring out every last ounce of capability. 250! Needless to say, he knows what he's doing. I believe his best in his C5 Z06 was somewhere in the range of a very low 11.7X. 11.5xs on DR's I think. That's a good half second faster than the average C5 Z driver on 100% stock form, and that's being extremely generous. I've taken my Z06 to plenty of Corvette events with my Z06 buddies, and the fastest I've ever seen a BONE stock Z go was 12.30's. Remember, I said average.

So yes, it is very, very impressive and proves that in the right hands, on the right day, the car is capable of serious times. But I'll kick any fanboys who say "the C6 Z06 is a 11.2 car bone stock!" in the dick because quite simply, it is not. It's about an 11.6 - 11.7 car with a pretty good driver, and 11.5s with a great driver on a great track. In stock form.

It's only an 11.3x car with a number of people small enough I can count them on one hand....

Last edited:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
DBK said:
Ranger is far, far, far, far, far, far, far outside the norm of what most people will be capable of with the new Z06, or any car for that matter. He gets ridiculously good times because he makes it a science.

We're talking about a guy who put 250+ passes on his C5 Z06 with detailed notes and techniques in efforts to ring out every last ounce of capability. 250! Needless to say, he knows what he's doing. I believe his best in his C5 Z06 was somewhere in the range of a very low 11.7X. 11.5xs on DR's I think. That's a good half second faster than the average C5 Z driver on 100% stock form, and that's being extremely generous. I've taken my Z06 to plenty of Corvette events with my Z06 buddies, and the fastest I've ever seen a BONE stock Z go was 12.30's. Remember, I said average.

So yes, it is very, very impressive and proves that in the right hands, on the right day, the car is capable of serious times. But I'll kick any fanboys who say "the C6 Z06 is a 11.2 car bone stock!" in the dick because quite simply, it is not. It's about an 11.6 - 11.7 car with a pretty good driver, and 11.5s with a great driver on a great track. In stock form.

It's only an 11.3x car with a number of people small enough I can count them on one hand....

Ageed, he is a VERY talented driver and is predicting 11.2x's as the bottom for a stock Z. You also need to say the same for the '03/'04 Cobras that many people say run 12.4's stock. A pretty good driver will get 12.6's and most get 12.8-13.1.

Camaro99SS

Established Member
That's very impressive. His car doesn't seem to be a freak either as the 127 trap speed seems to be the norm in good conditions.

It'd be interesting to see what it can run with long tubes, cam, and street slicks. :beer:

Jason

experiment626

ALL MOTOR CARS RULE
Established Member
Your full of crap

StangJason said:

Your full of crap that vet will run that time stock and I have proof. I ran one with my build race car and it runs low 11s and the vet I raced was right at my door and hes stock, AND I WAS ON SLICKS.I hate chevys but that thing is awsome.

Formula51

Established Member
DBK said:
....So yes, it is very, very impressive and proves that in the right hands, on the right day, the car is capable of serious times. But I'll kick any fanboys who say "the C6 Z06 is a 11.2 car bone stock!" in the dick because quite simply, it is not. It's about an 11.6 - 11.7 car with a pretty good driver, and 11.5s with a great driver on a great track. In stock form.

I totally agree with you. Just like a Ford GT is not an "11.2 second car bone stock". It might be capable of it, but most drivers will be in the same 11.6 - 11.7 range. Two very different cars with two very equal track times and trap speeds.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Formula51 said:
I totally agree with you. Just like a Ford GT is not an "11.2 second car bone stock". It might be capable of it, but most drivers will be in the same 11.6 - 11.7 range. Two very different cars with two very equal track times and trap speeds.

Precisely. People quote that GT 11.2 from MT which was clearly a "hot" car. It'll run mid-high 11's with a decent driver. Who knows what it'll do with a great driver. For the record, there are more than one owners at fordgtforum.com who've gone 11.5's@126+ in 100% stock trim. As there are more than one who've gone 12.0s@123.

My point is that it's largely academic to compare Rangers superhuman times to any other car. There is no SRT-10 Ranger. There is no Ford GT Ranger. For all we know, if Ranger got his hands on a Carrera GT and made 250 passes on it, it'd do 10.7's stock. Unfortunately we don't have that luxury.

Impressive, but largely academic...

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
DBK said:
Precisely. People quote that GT 11.2 from MT which was clearly a "hot" car. It'll run mid-high 11's with a decent driver. Who knows what it'll do with a great driver. For the record, there are more than one owners at fordgtforum.com who've gone 11.5's@126+ in 100% stock trim. As there are more than one who've gone 12.0s@123.

My point is that it's largely academic to compare Rangers superhuman times to any other car. There is no SRT-10 Ranger. There is no Ford GT Ranger. For all we know, if Ranger got his hands on a Carrera GT and made 250 passes on it, it'd do 10.7's stock. Unfortunately we don't have that luxury.

I like your thinking :thumbsup:

Formula51

Established Member
DBK said:

Agreed, but I think the coolest thing ever would be a matchup of Evan Smith and Ranger each recording the best of 5 passes in each of 10 different cars. Now that would be an article! Are you listening MM&FF!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread