C7 Z07 vs GT-R Nismo

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Yes..can't remember if it is willow spring or LS though

But when tested on the same wet track the gtr beat the z28. Only later after tuning and a dry track did the z28 beat the gtr's wet lap time.

I find it hard to believe that the base gtr is slower than z28 all while the nismo gtr is that much faster than the z06.

kaz109

Established Member
But when tested on the same wet track the gtr beat the z28. Only later after tuning and a dry track did the z28 beat the gtr's wet lap time.

I find it hard to believe that the base gtr is slower than z28 all while the nismo gtr is that much faster than the z06.

You are correct ...but if I say that I would be making excuses like all these Z06 guys that are butthurt about in underperforming. In this thread I was never building up the gtr but rather putting down the Z....most ppl seem to think I was just trying to say how much better the nismo was and that is not the case.

You could say the z28 on dry track beat the gtr on a wet track then ppl will say "oh but it has awd,duct etc etc" ....the fact is the z28 is very impressive considering its power to weight , while the Z is a let down ( so far) because of its specs and hype it had before it was released

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
You're wrong. On many levels. You can go through a gtr's transmission and upgrade it for full drag duty, 800 hp for less than $5k. You can set it up for 700 hp road race duty for $3500. The c7z is about $90k or more when it's all said and done. I paid roughly that for my gtr brand new in 2013. No corvette transmission is $1500. Both of these cars are on the same tier in terms of cost of ownership.

Here's some reading for you, broheimen

http://www.jackstransmissions.com

I respectfully disagree. We can go back and fourth with well you can do this or for the cost of socks you can achieve this, but let's just focus on the facts. The GT-R just looking at the nuts and bolts is wayyy more complex and sophisticated. The guys who I see playing with GT-Rs are also the guys playing with Porsche's, Lambo's, etc, etc..

As for pricing cars out, yes you can price either car very expensively. I've yet to see a GT-R advertised at sticker locally. Cheapest I've seen is $110k, forget about this Nismo model.

I like the GT-R, I just don't understand the brain washing mentality like this car is the only exception where you can have your cake and eat it too. Sequential technology has existed for decades, but everyone and their mother's know how much driveline shock and wear it causes to switch gears in milliseconds with the tap of a paddle. Even the fully built race ones with billet internals are rated for 20k miles in race conditions if you're lucky, then it costs $20k to replace, minimum. Also, traction comes at a cost, RWD or AWD. Put slicks on a RWD car and parts will wear quicker due to the driveline shock of launching a car to cut quick 60s. Do it in an AWD car and it's not magical, everything gets wear and tear. However, in the case of the GT-R, everyone is quick to say "NONONO you can get parts overnight from Japan, invincible, only $200 yo".

Forget about stigmas and brand loyalties, just focus on the nuts and bolts of each car, then explain how one is the same as the other in-terms of ownership costs, modifications or just driving it hard.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread