c8 vette

cam346

Established Member
I hope it look this good
C8-Zora-ZR1-Mid-Engine-Corvette-Rendering-01.jpg
C8-Zora-ZR1-Mid-Engine-Corvette-Rendering-02.jpg

Both the 4.2-liter and the 5.5-liter V8s are expected to be twin-turbocharged, with the leaked document also mentioning a “Cadillac Sports Car” which is going to use the smaller of the two engines. As for the actual power figures, the 5.5-liter V8 is expected to produce as much as 850hp and 720lb-ft of torque, which sounds exciting to say the least.

The same document says that the current C7 Corvette will soldier on for at least three more years to 2021, which means the two cars will be available at the same time.

Never_Enough

Established Member
That rear is awkward. Like they gave up & just got tired of Photoshopping the C7

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
idn kinda like it..... looks like a little Ferrari in it. the rear needs some work tho not really feeling that

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Why the heck would they offer them both at the same time? That sounds weird.

I think they are totally different markets if they are referring to the mid-engine Vette. I've seen base price near 100k in some articles, who knows all speculation at this point.

idn kinda like it..... looks like a little Ferrari in it. the rear needs some work tho not really feeling that

Front end definitely remind me of a 599GTB with bigger side ducts.

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
It looks very similar to the C-7 to me. My question why sell them both at the same time and is the C-8 a mid engine car?

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
A base C7 sells for 55k..... This car is going to start close to 100k.... Two different markets. Imo Chevy is biting off a bit more than it can chew... new 17 C7s are sitting on lots with 20% off... If this mid engine Vette is 100k... They will sell initially then hit a wall in year two or three... The market for a mid engine sports car is not big. Majority of new vette buyers are old farts that car more about the cars comfort and styling than it's substance. GM puts the auto trans in 85% of every vette made... That says it all imo.

Never_Enough

Established Member
A base C7 sells for 55k..... This car is going to start close to 100k.... Two different markets. Imo Chevy is biting off a bit more than it can chew... new 17 C7s are sitting on lots with 20% off... If this mid engine Vette is 100k... They will sell initially then hit a wall in year two or three... The market for a mid engine sports car is not big. Majority of new vette buyers are old farts that car more about the cars comfort and styling than it's substance. GM puts the auto trans in 85% of every vette made... That says it all imo.
Yea, that says 85% are winning in races.

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
GM is swinging their dicks around with all these models, ZR1, C8, Mid engine, etc...yet Ford is hiding the GT500 that will looks like a copy of the GT350 on the outside. They need to start building the hype

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Something has to be up there. He should have won

Another c7z owner told me that the speed we started the "race" at.... 60 roll... is a bad speed for the c7z06 auto because of the way they are geared.

Users who are viewing this thread