C8 ZO6 FIRST 9 SEC. PASS

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
These cars are beautiful... but they are numbered cars and most people that took delivery waited YEARS to get the thing in many cases. wait list/ allocation comes up/ car is built. This is the sales model they are advocating. SOME dealerships are placing people on wait lists KNOWING THAT they arent even ALLOCATED enough z06 inventory to produce the customer a car for 2 years or maybe more. The Eray starts at almost the same price and similar HP but with an electric motor/ i dont believe the Eray is a numbered car....... so we MIGHT see some of these cars roaming the streets. Ordering a vette should be done from a large dealership that sells at MSRP and ACTUALLY GETS allocations, and doesnt lie to people or sell them false hope. If a large/ reputable dealer places you on a wait list..... the allocation will eventually be available. 1000 bucks puts you on a wait list for an allocation.... using MacMulkin/Ciocca/Hendricks/ or here IN NY... Van Bortel is great... if your name gets on a list/ you WILL get a car, they wont put your name on a wait list that is 3 years backlogged. its professional and upfront/honest about timeframe estimates.
I’m on a list with MacMulkin. For the Stingray.

dan1982

Established Member
Dont let them talk you into the almost 1000 dollar ceramic coating... i wish i just skipped the dealer cxeramic coating and had an independant local shop with a good reputation do it. Mine looks great... but any new car looks great. I would be much happier if i had a independant shop do it and be local for the booster treatments. The 5 year ceramic coating needs booster treatments every year. I did the booster treatment myself. Cost me 80 bucks for the 3M booster spray. Since then... ive learned how to ceramic coat and i did a better job than the dealer. Its not voodoo magic... u can do it youself with a new car.... very little prep work/ no clay bar intense cleaning required. Wait for a cloudy day so that you can do the leveling perfectly/ u see reflections better when its cloudy..... and then DONT let the car get wet for at least a week. The "leveling" is the important part. Its NOT the same as buffing a waxed car. YOU DONT actually buff the ceramic coating. you reomve the dried material and THEN level it off and look for a uniform finish. Dont rub aggressively or fast and REMOVE all the ceramic u just laid down. not much pressure, not too fast. You will get the idea very quickly after u apply it and follow the manufacturers direction... some have longer drying times than others. Your own eyeballs will see when its leveled correctly.

Last edited:

dan1982

Established Member
I think youll LOVE the car. Its very very quick from a dig. handles like its on rails.. i absolutely love it. But ALSO.. im not in these streets trying to roll race with 800-1000HP cars. I have a wild 600WHP motorcycle for shenanigans. I dont expect it to outrun these types of cars on the big end. I know what i bought. EVERYWHERE u go... i mean everywhere.... people will approach you. Even non car people... ive had at least 5 different people ask me what kinda car it was. They seem to think its a McLaren. Its ridiculous i know... but its happneded. Maybe its the wild color....... Make sure u get the 2lt package at least... ull NEED the cameras.

Last edited:

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Dont let them talk you into the almost 1000 dollar ceramic coating... i wish i just skipped the dealer cxeramic coating and had an independant local shop with a good reputation do it. Mine looks great... but any new car looks great. I would be much happier if i had a independant shop do it and be local for the booster treatments. The 5 year ceramic coating needs booster treatments every year. I did the booster treatment myself. Cost me 80 bucks for the 3M booster spray. Since then... ive learned how to ceramic coat and i did a better job than the dealer. Its not voodoo magic... u can do it youself with a new car.... very little prep work/ no clay bar intense cleaning required. Wait for a cloudy day so that you can do the leveling perfectly/ u see reflections better when its cloudy..... and then DONT let the car get wet for at least a week. The "leveling" is the important part. Its NOT the same as buffing a waxed car. YOU DONT actually buff the ceramic coating. you reomve the dried material and THEN level it off and look for a uniform finish. Dont rub aggressively or fast and REMOVE all the ceramic u just laid down. not much pressure, not too fast. You will get the idea very quickly after u apply it and follow the manufacturers direction... some have longer drying times than others. Your own eyeballs will see when its leveled correctly.
I'm old school and wax cars. The ceramic stuff is snake oil to me...

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I think youll LOVE the car. Its very very quick from a dig. handles like its on rails.. i absolutely love it. But ALSO.. im not in these streets trying to roll race with 800-1000HP cars. I have a wild 600WHP motorcycle for shenanigans. I dont expect it to outrun these types of cars on the big end. I know what i bought. EVERYWHERE u go... i mean everywhere.... people will approach you. Even non car people... ive had at least 5 different people ask me what kinda car it was. They seem to think its a McLaren. Its ridiculous i know... but its happneded. Maybe its the wild color....... Make sure u get the 2lt package at least... ull NEED the cameras.
2LT, Z51, Magna-ryde, and a few non-performance options put me at close to $90K.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member

Yeah, I have a 3LT with the camera, I turned the rearview mirror camera off a few times just to see what it’s like, **** that!!!

It’s quick from 0-110 then it falls on it’s face, bad. And agreed on the attention factor, but that’s gonna change. They are making 10s of thousands of them lol, pretty soon it’ll become regular traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
This is one of the cheapest Z06s I found. This is a 1LZ though, $114k MSRP, pretty much a base with just a couple options. If it was a 2LZ with the lift and rear camera….I probably wojld have made the idiotic decision to buy it.
a986a8df5babb6eeb1ffbb8e08572216.png

dan1982

Established Member
This is one of the cheapest Z06s I found. This is a 1LZ though, $114k MSRP, pretty much a base with just a couple options. If it was a 2LZ with the lift and rear camera….I probably wojld have made the idiotic decision to buy it.
a986a8df5babb6eeb1ffbb8e08572216.png

Paying over sticker for any vehicle only prolongs this crazy car market we are seeing. I wish it would stop and things would just go back to normal. Payune anything over sticker is like throwing money away to me..... I just would never take that chance, no matter how rich i was. ALSO..... FASTER variants are coming. This C8 platforn with 1000HP would be a world beater.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
as long as u dont live near any speed bumps.. itll be fine. i live RIGHT near 3 HUGE speed bumps... and u can set the front lift via GPS.. which i did so i dont even have to remember to hit the button to lift the front, the car knows to lift itself when i get near those bumps.

What in the actual ****.

GPS for a ****ing speed bump.....

****ing AI is insane

dan1982

Established Member
What in the actual ****.

GPS for a ****ing speed bump.....

****ing AI is insane
Its a nice option to have... and some of these lowered c8s will wish they HAD the front lift option after they owned it a month or so. 3 options that are must have IMHO are the z51 package/ 2lt/and front lift. The z51 adds 5 HP/ an electric controlled rear differential/ better brakes/ better cooling system. It adds quite a bit.

ArabianOak

Established Member
boy oh boy...people are gonna be pissed off when this car is worth half of this price in a years time...what happens when they release a zed r 1 version?

who in their right mind pays mclaren 720 money for the z06? I know someone will and that someone is wearing a shiny white pair of new balance shoes and just retired from one of the labor unions.

Z06 for 720 Money

Window sticker is 165k. Markup is 95k. One word GALLOWS!!!!

download.png

ArabianOak

Established Member
that orange z06 is still for sale...details on carguru below...

these dealers have a small window of good weather to sell these cars up here. Crazy to think that window is closing fast and the price hasn't budged much. Just waiting for that needle in the haystack dummy to come along and pay near that price.

i am pleased to see some new stingrays in the 70's now though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This car is $15,510 above market price. We compared this car with similar 2023 Chevrolet Corvette based on price, mileage, features, condition, dealer reputation, and other factors.
45 days at this dealership · 116 days on CarGurus · 77 saves

Selling slowly.

On the market longer than average. There may be flexibility on price.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Sick machines, but the mark ups are laughable. Nope.

Like Abe said, they'll be worth half in just a few years.

Users who are viewing this thread