CAI question

insane99svt

Established Member
I currently have an amazon cai with Mafia. I have an opportunity to buy a BA2800 and a JLT high boost cai at a good price .

Is it worth it /will I gain anything ?

I have a 2.3 whipple 17psi pump gas 21psi race gas

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
With the increased boost you're making with the Whipple setup, I would think you 'd see a slight power boost with the JLT high boost CAI. Since it is designed for 20+ lbs. boost it might be an asset. Read this on their website. http://jlttruecoldair.com/zencart/i..._id=45&zenid=237b96fdd8274978bbacef818c11b678

I think right now you're okay either way, but it you're going to be tweaking the boost on the race tune any time soon I would have to believe you'd benefit from the JLT high boost CAI. You might want to ask Jay Tucker his opinion.

papa

Established Member
The air intake may pick up power but the MAF 2800 will not pick up any power. You are better off with the Mafia because you can extend the range of the meter only as much as you need - witch will in the long run end up with better drivabley.

insane99svt

Established Member
Well I knew about the Maf not picking up power I was just makeing sure it was big enough but I didnt think about driveability though.
Can you explain more on this? cause I just put a 3000 on my lightning.

papa

Established Member
The more the range on the MAF (0-5volts) is stretched the less resolution. They work on a 30 point scale, so the less room between it points down low the better you can dial your meter transfer function in. When you extend the range on the meter the further the 30 points get a part and the less fine adjustments you can make. Witch then makes the down low harder to dial in.

Users who are viewing this thread